new bird here

weakpig

Apr 17, 2012
hi everyone... new bird in club... have always been interested in photography but never got the courage to take up this expensive hobby... but decided to take the plunge. Hope to learn more stuff from pros here.

Welcome. Be sure to read our sticky on how to select a DSLR and what to look out for. Also, before launching a question, we would appreciate it if you would do a search because most of the questions had been discussed before.

Last but not least... Enjoy your stay here and enjoy photography like many of us!

Welcome. Be sure to read our sticky on how to select a DSLR and what to look out for. Also, before launching a question, we would appreciate it if you would do a search because most of the questions had been discussed before.

Last but not least... Enjoy your stay here and enjoy photography like many of us!

yup like what Mr Rhino had mentioned are very important =)

and welcome to the club =)

Welcome onboard to CS...Hope u will enjoy ur stay here.Do check out the stickies on getting ur first dslr camera & the related thread...Cheers!

Thank you everyone for the encouragement. I'm not getting a DSLR, but eyeing the OMD EM-5 now. :)

Dosent matter. No need to be DSLR. Most of the pointers...are somewhat the same. Explore around and search around. Most importantly, do some research and homework. Welcome..

Welcome weakpig,
Don't be so "weakly" nervous here. Most of the fellows on CSnap here are very friendly and approachable.
Firstly, you need to understand the basic knowledge of photography like aperture, shutter, f-stop,etc together with lighting(technically not inside studio alone-everywhere especially at night), composition and your style of taking photography.
Secondly, always remember the hobby of taking photography does not comes cheap as you might need either zoom, prime or both lens,depending on your preferred choice.
Lastly, just go out of your shell or "sty" to explore yourself shooting many things which catch your attention.
You can try joining for CSnap seminar talks which would be held at SAM on this weekend.
http://www.clubsnap.com/blogs/chngpe01/57-registration-free-talks-photowalk-now-opened.html

All the best to you. Simply enjoy taking snaps with your dream camera!

thanks iise7en, I plan to attend seminars and photography classes if available to boost my knowledge in photography tech talk as well as skills. :)

thanks iise7en, I plan to attend seminars and photography classes if available to boost my knowledge in photography tech talk as well as skills. :)

Another good way is to join some outing. I benefitted alot from these outings, people are willing to share what they know and exchange ideas to make the photo work.

Welcome and enjoy yourself.

welcome to the club.. hope you can enjoy photography, more and more..