New and looking for outing to join in

Status
Not open for further replies.

photokelly

Jun 15, 2008
Northeast
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

I'm all new to this community. Before I continue, I know there are several threads here talking about gathering/outing to be organized. However, most of the threads expanded many pages and beyond, and I kinda "lost" track on where you guys & gals will be going for gathering.

I'm in the central-eastern part of Singapore. Anyone looking to go for a shoot some time this week?

:sticktong
photokelly

yes, why not u organise and i join your outing?

ahaha there's quite a number of organizers all over the place for different themes, pm me if u r into abstract or wildlife ones

Hi everyone,

I'm all new to this community. Before I continue, I know there are several threads here talking about gathering/outing to be organized. However, most of the threads expanded many pages and beyond, and I kinda "lost" track on where you guys & gals will be going for gathering.

I'm in the central-eastern part of Singapore. Anyone looking to go for a shoot some time this week?

photokelly

Hi photokelly, welsome to the CS communitiy.

As to going out to shoot some photos... will depend on what you are interested in.

I used to organise an outing called '"50mm Project" where we go out with only one lens, preferably a fixed angle lens like a 50mm lens, hence the name "50mm Project". All the participants will walk along the same route and take photos that catch their attention. At then end of the shoot, all the people will come back together and select photos they like and 'present' them to the rest of the participants. You'll be amazed at the things you miss and the things that others did not. Shooting with a fixed lens will make the photographer move around more to try to get a better angle instead of just standing where they are and turning the zoom ring.

Now that I've gotten my DSLR, I'm thinking of 'reviving' the "50mm Project" again. I think I'll call it the "Single-Lens Project". Anyone interested to join me?

Like others said, it really depend on what interest you. There are plenty of outings out there. If your interest is in Nature Photography, do visit : http://www.npss.org.sg They organize monthly outing for macro and birds. In fact there is an outing this Saturday : http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg/dcforum/DCForumID4/729.html They are some really nice guys there with really fantastics nature photos. You will be amazed that Singapore still have a lot of nature left.

If you are interested in improving your nature photography, they are also conducting Nature photography courses together with Singapore Botanic Garden : http://www.sbg.org.sg/education/workshopadu.asp which will start on June 28.

Hi photokelly, welsome to the CS communitiy.

As to going out to shoot some photos... will depend on what you are interested in.

I used to organise an outing called '"50mm Project" where we go out with only one lens, preferably a fixed angle lens like a 50mm lens, hence the name "50mm Project". All the participants will walk along the same route and take photos that catch their attention. At then end of the shoot, all the people will come back together and select photos they like and 'present' them to the rest of the participants. You'll be amazed at the things you miss and the things that others did not. Shooting with a fixed lens will make the photographer move around more to try to get a better angle instead of just standing where they are and turning the zoom ring.

Now that I've gotten my DSLR, I'm thinking of 'reviving' the "50mm Project" again. I think I'll call it the "Single-Lens Project". Anyone interested to join me?

OT: Sounds interesting, as I have been shooting for a fair bit recently using the 50mm. If time permits, I will join you.

Photokelly, welcome to Clubsnap!

If i'm not wrong you're a female right? There's female outings. Which will be better for girls to communicate with each other and stuffs.

If i'm not wrong you're a female right? There's female outings. Which will be better for girls to communicate with each other and stuffs.
when it comes to photography, gender is not an issue.

Hi everyone,

photokelly

Hi there,

i stay in the central eastern too, maybe we live nearby each other :eek:

i've no problem out for photography session anytime soon. pm me :D

Rex

when it comes to photography, gender is not an issue.

You must have misunderstood my point. Yes, photography is free for all.

I only meant that it'll be easier for her(if i'm not wrong) to communicate with girls. As girls are usually more shy as compared to us guys. :)

You must have misunderstood my point. Yes, photography is free for all.

I only meant that it'll be easier for her(if i'm not wrong) to communicate with girls. As girls are usually more shy as compared to us guys. :)
oh ok, haha maybe i mistaken :)

hai guys! i have something to share to u guys. just recently i organized a paid shoot event for the photographers here, the theme was lingerie Gothic, event was held at Old Changi hospital. We were all having fun till the cops came..the mistake was i did not ask SLA for permision to shoot into an Goverment Poperty. We were all to leave the building, anyway i have already ask permission from SLA to organize again for the event maybe in two weeks time. u guys can sms me if any interested b4 a friend of mine help me to post the thread. 91013484, kai

Status
Not open for further replies.