New age music fans, share your favourite artists/albums

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
My current favourite is Tim Wheater's "Incantation". This is not a new album but I only discovered it recently. Really loved the haunting flute and vocals.

Recent favourites also include Adiemus's albums, especialy volume 3, "Dances of Time".

What are your favourites?

Tim Wheater is nice.
Try Medwyn Goodall, Nicholas Gunn, Oliver Shanti, Steve Gordon, Cusco, Karunesh. They are all my favorites

roygoh said:
My current favourite is Tim Wheater's "Incantation". This is not a new album but I only discovered it recently. Really loved the haunting flute and vocals.

Recent favourites also include Adiemus's albums, especialy volume 3, "Dances of Time".

What are your favourites?

Nicholas Gunn, S.E.N.S, Kevin Kern, Chris Spheeris, Suzanne Cianni are my favourites as of now :)

Each has got their own flavour if you ask me. Hard to say which is the best!

but the site seems 2b down :think:

Karunesh - "Call of the mistic"
Nicholas Gunn - The best of N. Gunn
Cusco - The Ancient Journey
Enya-
Kitaro-
Vangelis-
Elsa Huang-
Lin Hai - new age piano
Maksim ......... the lastest new guy from Croatia
A lot a lot more ..........

All has its own characters......

Kim Dong Moon said:
Karunesh - "Call of the mistic"
Nicholas Gunn - The best of N. Gunn
Cusco - The Ancient Journey
Enya-
Kitaro-
Vangelis-
Elsa Huang-
Lin Hai - new age piano
Maksim ......... the lastest new guy from Croatia
A lot a lot more ..........

All has its own characters......

Elsa Huang.....The Dancing Butterflies? I got that from Taipei last month. Like it a lot especially the first piece "Chasing" and also "Seven Beats". What other albums does she have?

Sausage said:
It's more of a celtic-influenced album, but I like Ronan Hardiman's Solas.

Oh...I have that also. I like "Love Song" and "Heaven". I kind of prefer his music for "Lord of the Dance" and "Feet of Flame".

Have you heard of Haley Westenra? Her version of "Heaven" in her debut album "Pure" is quite good also.

Hi guys, another new-age listener here. :cool: But nowadays dun really listen to it often unless I'm in the mood to do so.

Some of my favourite new-age artists:

- Kitaro
- Enya
- Yanni
- Chris Spheeris/Paul Voudouris (Enchantment)
- Suzanne Ciani
- Hilary Stagg

Some other artists I listen to include stuff from Higher Octave compilations, Kevin Kern, Ronan Hardiman, Secret Garden, 2002 etc.

Started out listening to Kitaro in the early 90s, then went on to Enya, Yanni and Suzanne Ciani. My passion for New Age took a peak during my NS days, where I listen to it as a form of relaxation and to de-stress. Now still listening to it once in a while. :bsmilie:

Guys, recommend you to check out this guy: Hilary Stagg. Discovered his music recently when I walked past the CD shop at 2nd level of Bugis, heard this beautiful music coming from the speakers and asked the owner about it. He plays beautiful, soothing melodies from his modified harp. Great and relaxing stuff, I always imagine myself floating in the sea when listening to his tunes. Unfortunately Hilary passed away in 1999 after an illness. :cry: His musical legacy can be heard in the seven albums that he produced. I would recommend "Hilary Stagg - A Tribute" as a good start point to his music. More info on his Bio & music can be found on the website above.

Check out local New Age Piano composer Chester Tan's debut album, Timeless. He's received good reviews on his guestbook, publications, as well as music shops.

i think i am old, i only love to listen to stella zhang qing fang :sticktong

renegade said:
do u dance like your avatar too? :bsmilie:

no.....but i hop like snoopy..... :)

Trust me! The best new age music is Chinese music!

Try this album :
Healing Collection II

Some of the tracks in the CD that I like best is :
Sirius by Jia Peng Fang
Dawn by Jia Peng Fang
The Wing Of Liudao by Jia Peng Fang

Most of my friends whom is pissed off by Chinese Erhu music are damn pleased when they listen to this CD at my place! ;)

XXX Boy said:
Trust me! The best new age music is Chinese music!

Try this album :
Healing Collection II

Some of the tracks in the CD that I like best is :
Sirius by Jia Peng Fang
Dawn by Jia Peng Fang
The Wing Of Liudao by Jia Peng Fang

Most of my friends whom is pissed off by Chinese Erhu music are damn pleased when they listen to this CD at my place! ;)

Healing collection II is not bad though.... Now em listening to Frank Steiner, his impressive works is what we called "when east meet west" :)

AMETHYSTIUM is also very deep, you can feel the deepest and darkest place in the world through your hi-fi hehehehe ;)

Wow.. most of you all already listed some of the people I listen to. I attended the Secret Garden concert last year..... really great music.

Also got my ticket to hear David Lanz in concert in Feb here.

The music samplers are always good to get before buying the albums of a specific artist.

Used to visit the CDs store and buy at least 2 CDs a month or so esp during exam periods haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.