New 6 Million Dollar Home by Crumpler

blackcookie

Jul 8, 2008
I don't know if anyone of you has seen this but I bought it when I went to the shop. Didn't realise that it's not the same one as the one you guys would have been more familiar with. The dividers aren't thick and spongy anymore but I would assume that the new one has got to be better? Now, I have to admit that I mistook this bag for a 5 million dollar home because of the compartment. I don't have the sub-divider which would have been good to separate 2 lens perhaps? I can't figure out how to organise my bag and have the things fit snugly. And where do you put the blower? Sorry, no impressive terms or knowledge of things because I'm just a newbie.

Am I the only one with this problem?

blackcookie said:
I don't know if anyone of you has seen this but I bought it when I went to the shop. Didn't realise that it's not the same one as the one you guys would have been more familiar with. The dividers aren't thick and spongy anymore but I would assume that the new one has got to be better? Now, I have to admit that I mistook this bag for a 5 million dollar home because of the compartment. I don't have the sub-divider which would have been good to separate 2 lens perhaps? I can't figure out how to organise my bag and have the things fit snugly. And where do you put the blower? Sorry, no impressive terms or knowledge of things because I'm just a newbie.

How about a picture to portray what you're saying? Helps a ton i believe, cheers

Some pictures would be good... I have both the 5 mil and 6 mil and they are very different inside in contrast to how similar you described them to be..

Depends on which shop u go to. Authorised Crumpler's dealers at Wheelock, Paragon has the square cloth logo now as oppose to the earlier round version, but having bought both versions..1 black 6MDH bought early last year vs one bought recently; limited edition version with square logo, everything is the same, dividers are tough like card boards, materials and size of bags are exactly the same.

Some well known shops carries the so call "vietnam" version nowadays. They can call it whatever they wan, but to me... they are nothing more than replicas. I've dealth with at least 7-9 people trying to sell this version me last year at $50-$60.

i think most of the people here will not understand your qns cos i just saw the bag as well and it looks very different from the old million dollar bags.

definitely genuine. just a redesign of the bag. there are some new crumpler camera bags as well. i think the bags are more sleek now and more attractive in a way.

I didn't had time today, will try to post a picture tonight. And I hope it's real, considering I bought it from the Raffles City Crumpler shop!

Thanks SoonHan. You're a superstar! The website actually has some pictures to explain...

6 Million Dollar Home - 2012 series - Camera Bags - Camera Bags

Firstly, check out the 3 picture of the series... Don't the clips look weird to you? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Maybe it will to some of you who knows how a camera bag should perform to professional photographers like you?

* just figured out that it's the tripod strap but it's just weird because it doesn't clip it in the right way. Only someone who had this bag can answer my question I suppose...

Secondly, in picture 6(last picture) you will see how thin and cardboard-like the "paddings" are. But check out the middle section, do you put your pain camera body with lens in there or what? How would you configure the bag to make full use of the space. I know everyone has different equipment but I don't have that many stuffs. I need to know the right/best way to put my cam with lens attached.

And lastly, maybe some of you missed this question but where do you usually put your blower?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
blackcookie said:
Thanks SoonHan. You're a superstar! The website actually has some pictures to explain...

6 Million Dollar Home - 2012 series - Camera Bags - Camera Bags

Firstly, check out the 3 picture of the series... Don't the clips look weird to you? It doesn't seem to make any sense to me. Maybe it will to some of you who knows how a camera bag should perform to professional photographers like you?

* just figured out that it's the tripod strap but it's just weird because it doesn't clip it in the right way. Only someone who had this bag can answer my question I suppose...

Secondly, in picture 6(last picture) you will see how thin and cardboard-like the "paddings" are. But check out the middle section, do you put your pain camera body with lens in there or what? How would you configure the bag to make full use of the space. I know everyone has different equipment but I don't have that many stuffs. I need to know the right/best way to put my cam with lens attached.

And lastly, maybe some of you missed this question but where do you usually put your blower?

Thanks in advance.

This is the newly redesigned MDH series by Crumpler.Just launched today if i'm not wrong...

I got it beginning of Feb, not knowing it's the new design.

Anyway, here's an image of the interior. I'm always puzzled how to organise the middle curved piece so my camera (with lens attached) can fit in sugly. This cardboard divider seems to be really stiff, such that if the space is too big, it encourages movement which is not ideal.

crumpler01.jpg

Now can someone tell me where do you guys put the blower?

I must really thank SoonHan for pointing out that website. Looking at actual pictures on how the bag is supposed to be cleared some doubts I had. Thanks dude!

Last edited:
Crumpler new bag design look so weird to me now, especially the new color.

look really different...
some free space is ok, the dividers r cushioned.
i nvr hv my gears fit tightly n nicely. troublesome to take in/out...

Ironically, I bought the bag solely because of the colour. The last model didn't have the black exterior with red interior and I bought this out of impulse because they have just that! Let me take a few more pictures when I'm free so that you guys can have a clearer look. Now, not so to clear my doubts but serve as a fun info stop for those of you who are interested. Stay tuned! I do not work for Crumpler BTW.

And thanks ijnek... I've been seeing professional photographers fit everything all too snugly so I thought I might be doing it all wrong and more afraid to be damaging my equipment.

Last edited:
not bad...looks nice..they added a zipper compartment at the back...

back then when im using 5,6,7 MDH both single buckle and silencer versions looks way bigger..

as for blower normally i put the front.

of all the MDH...think MDH 7 first version looks nicer.the single buckle one..well at least u know there is no fakes on that first version..and best is u can get it cheap..i got a used 7mdh 1st version for $60..

so many fakes version of 5,6mdh with silencers surfaced all over the place..u can see some in Chinatown..lol..

Fake or real, I think the user would be on the receiving end but I do not encourage using the fakes. We're already spending thousands (perhaps even more for most of you) on the equipment so I believe it is important to invest in a good carrier for them. I have been using Crumplers for years and they have never failed. I don't wish to carry something to find that the straps/buckles might fail one day. Not funny when the bag drops I suppose...

The insides look much better but I really prefer the old design for the exterior.
Crumpler did a great job on those prior to the 2012 refresh...

I suppose it takes a while but the design grows on you. The team at Crumpler deserves a pat on their "bag".

blackcookie said:
I suppose it takes a while but the design grows on you. The team at Crumpler deserves a pat on their "bag".

I've always liked Crumpler.