New 5D to eclipse competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
mysterycanon.gif
Canon has just added a mysterious teaser to its US website. The page shows a silhouette of a camera with the words 'Destined Evolution.' Maybe it will be updated to include more detail in the future, we don't know. It's almost as if the company is building up to the launch of a camera to replace one of its older models. We have no specific information but it doesn't require any profound market insight to predict an EOS 5D replacement is coming.

More...

mysterycanon.gif
Canon has just added a mysterious teaser to its US website. The page shows a silhouette of a camera with the words 'Destined Evolution.' Maybe it will be updated to include more detail in the future, we don't know. It's almost as if the company is building up to the launch of a camera to replace one of its older models. We have no specific information but it doesn't require any profound market insight to predict an EOS 5D replacement is coming.

More...

why dun call it manifest destiny?

why dun call it manifest destiny?

Maybe because...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny

Quote at end of article : "the term is sometimes used by the political left and by critics of U.S. foreign policy to characterize interventions in the Middle East and elsewhere."

But I expect lots of ridicule from non Canon fanboys about "Evolution not Revolution". Thankfully, not on this site.

Maybe because...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_Destiny

Quote at end of article : "the term is sometimes used by the political left and by critics of U.S. foreign policy to characterize interventions in the Middle East and elsewhere."

But I expect lots of ridicule from non Canon fanboys about "Evolution not Revolution". Thankfully, not on this site.

i know what it is. I was being sarcastic.

Based on the button layout silhouette, and the curvature which leads up to the hotshoe, i'm very certain this new camera is based on a 5D body :D

Based on the button layout silhouette, and the curvature which leads up to the hotshoe, i'm very certain this new camera is based on a 5D body :D

Well, it's certainly not the 50D. The button closest to the dome is farther from the dome than on the 50D. Not that it makes sense to advertise any existing camera in this way, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.