New!!! 50mm f1.8 G lens

believe it's real. nikon do need a 50 1.8 AF-S ... and some of my peers using the D3100 are anticipating this!

They should just announce it immediately since they already exposed the product! :bsmilie:

Hi all,

Saw this posted on Nikon Singapore site. So it is real? There will not be any difference with the 1 without the motor if im using a body with motor right?

Hi all,

Saw this posted on Nikon Singapore site. So it is real? There will not be any difference with the 1 without the motor if im using a body with motor right?

Yeah, Nikon has now formally lauched the AFS 50/1.8G lens.

Given what we have seen from the use of the aspherical element in the 35/1.8 DX lens, I would expect to see significant wide open performance between this new 50/1.8 and the old AF-D version. That aspherical lens makes a big difference. :D (I still wonder why they did not do that when the came out with the 50/1.4G lens.)

Price wise, its about US$220, so should be close to price for 35/1.8DX.

is there any different between the new 50mm 1.8g and 50mm 1.8d? :confused:

Saw it on Dpreview few weeks ago.

Hopefully is the cheapest and sharpest FX Primes lens for nikon

Just hope it's at least similarly priced as the current one, if not cheaper...:cool::)

Last edited:
it won't be cheaper than the AFD that's for sure. similarly priced....unfortunately don't see that happening either.

it's got more glass, 1 aspherical element, SWM, manual override. i just hope it'll be cheaper than the 35/1.8.

it won't be cheaper than the AFD that's for sure. similarly priced....unfortunately don't see that happening either.

it's got more glass, 1 aspherical element, SWM, manual override. i just hope it'll be cheaper than the 35/1.8.

yah...that's why I said 'hope'...;)

But who knows in the end there's a possibility that it might cost just slightly more than 35mmf/1.8 based on so "Popular-50mm focal-length lens" plus the Element' & SWM & it's-NEW, etc...:(:sweat::cry:

Either slightly above or slightly below the price of 35mmf/1.8...:dunno:

Last edited:
I bet it is going to be above the price of the 35mm 1.8.
Judging by how much they usually charge when they add in a motor

Last edited:
I bet it is going to be above the price of the 35mm 1.8.
Judging by how much they usually charge when they add in a motor

yes, they then can continue selling their ever-lasting-popular AF-50mmf/1.8Dlens...!!:cool::cool::cool:

Guess very likely that they may priced it in between 50mmf/1.4 and 35mmf/1.8 lens...!!!:cool::cool:

Last edited:
It's still a 7-blade diaphragm...if it is 9 blades, it would be wonderful

i dun care how many blades it has as long as they are curved one..;)

If nikon is able to retain 52mm and adding a AFS motor i would be equally surprise and delighted