New 1000D owner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsuperman-ed

Apr 5, 2009
Hi all I just got my Canon 1000D on Saturday, having some minor problems.

1. (The pop up flash is up) When I press the shutter down, the flash flutters like two times and no picture is taken? What is wrong here?

2. (The camera lense is facing me) In macro mode, I press the shutter and nothing it taken? :(

3. How can I stop the pop up flash from popping up in normal modes? (not the creative modes)

4. In Live View, I cannot focus on nearby objects, only far ones. Why? :(

I guess that's all the questions I've got for now!
Please help me with them all, thanks in advance!

Hi all I just got my Canon 1000D on Saturday, having some minor problems.

1. (The pop up flash is up) When I press the shutter down, the flash flutters like two times and no picture is taken? What is wrong here?

2. (The camera lense is facing me) In macro mode, I press the shutter and nothing it taken? :(

3. How can I stop the pop up flash from popping up in normal modes? (not the creative modes)

4. In Live View, I cannot focus on nearby objects, only far ones. Why? :(

I guess that's all the questions I've got for now!
Please help me with them all, thanks in advance!

1. It could either be the red eye reduction or the AF-Assist. I don't know how to set it for Canon.

2. Are you using a macro lens? Check the minimum focusing distance for the lens you are using.

3. I'm not sure about this, sorry.

4. Again, could be the focusing distance of the lens.

Hope this helps a little. I'm no expert myself so I hope someone else can answer what I couldn't.

I see this all the time... People who just bought a DSLR and think that they can then get really close to food or other objects for a macro-like effect.

Your lens has a minimum focusing distance. If your subject is closer than that, then it can't focus. If your camera is set for focus priority, it means you can't take a picture until focus is locked on something.

if im not wrong the kit lens min focusing distance is around 20-25cm. Even if manually focused, the subject would still appear blur. However in AF mode, the shot will not be taken since it cant get a focus confirmation.

for taking without flash, those AV, TV, P modes wont fire the flash until u pop them up. However in those auto modes, it does fires if required. Furthermore you can use the no flash mode.

what does the manual say for all your questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.