never took taxi for one month liao..

Status
Not open for further replies.

raincool2005

Sep 10, 2005
Raffles Place
eversince the price hike, i never took taxi, when the clock hit 11pm, it is either MRT/Bus or never, hope they will revise down the fares one day.

:bsmilie:

Next to impossible.

Fares will remain stagnant and subsequently, the next revision would be up, never down.
Find me a day where fares are revised downwards.

Anyway, I'd just decided to take cab once every 3mths instead of bimonthly as I'd planned. Used to take cab at least once a month before the surcharge thingy.

Economy's bad, times are hard. Time to save instead of splurging.

Next to impossible.

Fares will remain stagnant and subsequently, the next revision would be up, never down.
Find me a day where fares are revised downwards.

Anyway, I'd just decided to take cab once every 3mths instead of bimonthly as I'd planned. Used to take cab at least once a month before the surcharge thingy.

Economy's bad, times are hard. Time to save instead of splurging.

If everyone boycotts taking taxi, let's see if they will revise the entire system or not.

If everyone boycotts taking taxi, let's see if they will revise the entire system or not.

I don't think so...unless it goes to the stage during one of the last price hike where they had to climb down from their high vantage point and give a 30% discount....

I have attended one of the old feedback sessions before they increased fares to $2.30.....frankly, many people regards Taxi as Luxury items and whack only the bus fare increase rather than the taxi fare hikes....

eversince the price hike, i never took taxi, when the clock hit 11pm, it is either MRT/Bus or never, hope they will revise down the fares one day.

:bsmilie:

The price is already coming down, look at some drivers advertising that they are not charging extra but LTA interfere:angry: When less people take taxi then less earnings then lesser taxi driver and then price comes down, simple economics.:bsmilie:

The price is already coming down, look at some drivers advertising that they are not charging extra but LTA interfere:angry: When less people take taxi then less earnings then lesser taxi driver and then price comes down, simple economics.:bsmilie:

Not really, if demand for Taxis is inelastic their earnings still have to potential to go up ...

Dun say "Boycott" so strong a word. :bsmilie:

"Save Money" is the word we are all looking for I believe. ;) ;p

This "theory" has been talked about for decades if not a millenium. It will never work so long as you are dealing with people..they will always be those who feel the need to do the opposite just for the sake of it or just because they can for selfish reason. Human nature. That is why cunning shrew people will always win. So long as it is short of a holocaust or mass tyranny... people in power who understand knows this will always get what they want from you. hehehe.... they know it is human nature that your own brain will work against you given the right perimeter or stimulant but just short of strangling you. So you bitch about it...maybe even stop for a while ( in the case of flagging cab) but you will come around to it again as your mind start to rationalise things. You see this happening in so many areas of life. Sometime our mind is our own worst enemy. heheheheh....

I always go to Jurong Point and have noticed that the taxi queue is quite vacant for nearly two months now.

It seems that the taxi problems have been solved by increasing the fare.

i took taxi from boonlay to jurong east IMM once.. in a red honda taxi at peak hour..

wah regret siah!! the female driver was so slow and didnt seem to be interested in travelling the faster routes, dammit i think an escargot will crawl faster than the cab then..

from JP to IMM, cost? $10.20. -_- plus almost late for dinner somemore

Got red colour Honda Taxi meh? Is it a copper colour Toyota taxi by that Prime company?

A few problems:

1) The current category for COE blankets any motor vehicle below 1600cc. Unless LTA comes up with a sub-1000cc COE category with increased quotas and lowering the quota available for 1001cc - 1600cc and continental cars. A really cheap car on the road that will go below $30K is next to impossible. Probably even if it comes, it would be priced almost equal to the QQ.

2) Focus on car usage over car ownership. I think this is pretty self-explainatory. Use more, pay more. Dun use, dun pay. U use, u pay.

Eventually, we're back to square-one. The problem's that this country's too small. Unless u can grow more land and make Singapore the size of.... Australia?

Haven't taken taxis for personal trips (i.e., out of pocket trips) shortly after the hike.

Well, I did give a fare, I mean, fair chance to the new pricing scheme to see if it remains within the zone of "self-rationalization". The fare from East Coast to Orchard during weekend peak hour: $24. That's almost two weekend downtown trips' worth prior to the hike.

So sayonara taxis..., MRT's my best friend for many years to come :bsmilie:

2) Focus on car usage over car ownership. I think this is pretty self-explainatory. Use more, pay more. Dun use, dun pay. U use, u pay.

:thumbsup: And base the use/hour rates on location and engine/physical size of the car.

Eventually, we're back to square-one. The problem's that this country's too small. Unless u can grow more land and make Singapore the size of.... Australia?

That's the root cause. We simply don't have enough land for every household to drive a car.

Maybe it's time to put Becha back on the road: :bsmilie:

sm_11becha.jpg

To be honest, I have a very hard time getting a cab, esp in towns on Fridays to Sundays. Every night after work, I could also never get a cab along the Jalan Basar area. Thanks to the price hike, Cabs are more willing to stop for us nowadays. I take less cabs now, esp during the peak periods, but I could get a cab more readily at night.

Overall I'm pleased with the hike, give me more benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.