NETS fee hike is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
life goes on as usual

unless the consumers do something about
but here is spore we are all sheep

baa baaa....

Buy your big ticket items overseas... :D

I haven't really been following this NETS hike thing but will this hike be pushed to the consumers?

I remember all along there's already like a 0.5% fee for using NETS right? Following the increase to 1.5% will it be like the next time this will be what I'll be seeing on my receipt?

Item SGD100.00
GST7% SGD7.00
NETS1.5% SGD1.50
TOTAL SGD108.50

The only way to demonstrate your disgust is to always pay in cash or credit card or debit, if everyone does this, the banks will have to lower NETS fees in order to make it attractive....

Hong Sien

Another wayang.... a tiger without teeth nor claws. :thumbsd:

Buy your big ticket items overseas... :D

Thats just what I've been doing, sometimes even after paying sales tax it still work out cheaper than buying from SG. At least I know the sales tax I pay there is going to good use, as opposed to paying GST here that goes to a bunch of world class overpaid robbers.

haha... hmmm i've stop using net for quite sometime liao ... cause my saving a/c no nets wan !!! ..... die nets die !

will only use ccard(get points) when buy from retail shops which price does not change with mode of payment. but go SLS must bring $$$ *shhh

Thats just what I've been doing, sometimes even after paying sales tax it still work out cheaper than buying from SG. At least I know the sales tax I pay there is going to good use, as opposed to paying GST here that goes to a bunch of world class overpaid robbers.
QFT. :bigeyes:

BTW, juz a question, hw do u know that the sales tax u'd paid overseas ain't secretly going into ppl's personal coffers? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.