Nero Express - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belleforte

Jan 29, 2003
Central Singapore
Visit site
Hi folks,

I was a user of the Adaptec Direct CD application. Recently, I switched to a new TDK Cyclone which comes with the Nero Express software. The Direct CD doesn;t seem to work with the new CD writer anymore. Can anyone advise if the Nero Express come with a similar drag and drop copying function as the Direct CD. The user manual doesn;t seem to be too clear in this area.

:dunno:

Sad to say, Nero and Adaptec doesn't work together. You have to uninstall either one of them. If you want to use Nero, then you have to use Nero InCD, which works like Adaptec DirectCD. It's drag and drop from the Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps! :)

Originally posted by silver.wolf
Sad to say, Nero and Adaptec doesn't work together. You have to uninstall either one of them.

It's not true at all that both don't work together.

Belleforte, which version of DirectCD are you using? It could be that your version is older, which failed to recognise the newer drive. Try updating DirectCD and that could very well solve your problem.

Quoted from article

"Do not attempt to pick-and-choose burning software. For example, do not try to use Roxio’s Easy CD Creator for CD-R but Nero’s InCD to write CD-RW. These are known to be incompatible. Nero has offered at times a utility to permit co-existence with variable results. It is not accepted by all operating systems. As an aside, if you insist on packet writing, Roxio’s DirectCD packet writing software seems to garner better reviews than Nero’s InCD. There are other burning software packages out there but I have not used them. Some of these may, however, prove compatible."

Roxio is spinoff from Adaptec.

Many thanks for the advice guys. I don't care very much about the CD-writer software as long as they are easy to use. My main use is for backing up photos, not so much of editing music CDs. Problem is...the CD-RW that I have formatted with Direct CD cannot be written on using the NERO Express.

My Direct CD is a pretty old version. I have a newer version of Raxio (aren't they the same thing?). However, it doesn't detect the TDK Cyclone writer. Maybe not compatible.

Originally posted by Belleforte
Problem is...the CD-RW that I have formatted with Direct CD cannot be written on using the NERO Express.

My Direct CD is a pretty old version. I have a newer version of Roxio (aren't they the same thing?). However, it doesn't detect the TDK Cyclone writer. Maybe not compatible.
Sadly while both use packet writing they usually will refuse to be compatible. :(

You Direct CD can still be updated. Just download the update patch file from roxio's website at www.roxio.com and run it. It should recognise the TDK. I've got a couple of the new TDK 2nd Edition at my fren's place. They work fine with Roxio. In fact, based on the latest updater, all the new drives should work... except for Plextor Premium.

Originally posted by Belleforte
Many thanks for the advice guys. I don't care very much about the CD-writer software as long as they are easy to use. My main use is for backing up photos, not so much of editing music CDs. Problem is...the CD-RW that I have formatted with Direct CD cannot be written on using the NERO Express.

\
for CD-RW use Nero IN-CD ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/InCD4010.exe

just install it and it will load everytime u on ur PC, very simple to use program

u cant write a CD-RW formatted with Direct CD on Nero or vice versa

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
for CD-RW use Nero IN-CD ftp://ftp.us.nero.com/InCD4010.exe

just install it and it will load everytime u on ur PC, very simple to use program

This program is quite problematic in a way. BSOD with Win98SE, and unable to write with WinXP (which I've never had such problem when using earlier version of InCD).

I've formatted my Verbatim 24X CDRW with InCD v4.0.10 successfully on my TDK SE, but it kept telling me that the media cannot be written when I tried to drag and drop my files to it...

Originally posted by silver.wolf
Quoted from article

"Do not attempt to pick-and-choose burning software. For example, do not try to use Roxio’s Easy CD Creator for CD-R but Nero’s InCD to write CD-RW. These are known to be incompatible. Nero has offered at times a utility to permit co-existence with variable results. It is not accepted by all operating systems. As an aside, if you insist on packet writing, Roxio’s DirectCD packet writing software seems to garner better reviews than Nero’s InCD. There are other burning software packages out there but I have not used them. Some of these may, however, prove compatible."

Roxio is spinoff from Adaptec.

Somehow, when quoting articles, there's another thing to take note of, that is the date the article was written.

This seems like an old article to me, which doesn't really seem that applicable now.

The programs can co-exist without problem, and the problem he's facing, as mentioned and also confirmed by some others, is due to his older version of DirectCD not able to recognise the newer drive.

An update will usually do the trick.

Originally posted by ultrazoom
This program is quite problematic in a way. BSOD with Win98SE, and unable to write with WinXP (which I've never had such problem when using earlier version of InCD).

I've formatted my Verbatim 24X CDRW with InCD v4.0.10 successfully on my TDK SE, but it kept telling me that the media cannot be written when I tried to drag and drop my files to it...
i am using WinXP, no idea with win9X

i have been using it for a very long time and no such problem
maybe its the media that u use

got try changing to other media?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
got try changing to other media?

Not yet. It used to be working fine with version 3.5.24. After uninstalling it, and installing the latest 4.0.10, problem started to appear.

I haven't tried on my Yamaha CRW-F1. Will try and feedback if I have the time.

By the way, which drive are you using?

thats why there's a saying "Dont fix it if it aint broken" :)

try to use back the older version, mine is 3.22

hear of some problem with the newer version of InCD

i am using TDK 401248 and another compro 8x CD writer together

Tried with my Yamaha, also the same problem, so that means having the same error messages on 2 different drives.

Haven't tried other medias...

The Verbatim Ultra Speed RWs are not exactly stable with most of the current crop of US(24XRW)-writers. I've got the same bug on Imation, Asus and Plextor since Jan this yr. But the media worked fine with my new Plex Premium + Nero.

As a norm, I'd recommend you refrain from using packet-writing with the higher-speed writers (ie using InCD and DirectCD). I have switched to session-writing using Easy CD Creator. No problems anymore.

Ok... this is off-topic, but I just bought TDK Cyclone 2nd ed 2 weeks ago and it died on me last week. Sent in for repair and was told 2nd ed has more problems than 1st ed. :cry: And they didnt have stock to replace one for me on the spot and have to wake a couple of weeks for new stock to come in. Sianz...

Status
Not open for further replies.