Nepal: Photokhichne expedition 2003 team report

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Woooo guys, I am writing on behalf of our 7-person team for the Nepal trip. We are back now! Truely excellent trip, completely enjoyed ourselves. I believe we have many things to talk about, and... of course many pictures to show.

btw, my highly abused D60 failed on the road of Nepal. In fact my two digital cameras both failed during this trip. What the... well, end up bringing back a lot of slides/negative, hopefully got some interesting pictures.

Later.

Hey Tom u are fast. Ya it was a great trip. Thanks to all u guys on the photokhichne expedition. Dhannya bad (thank you in nepalese). Let's see how all my slides and negs turn out.
Its really a wonderful trip with all kinds of photography from street shoot to scenery to portraits to abstract. Picked up quite a few tips and tricks from u guys. Great company. Can't find better guys to go with. Looking forward to next trip. Silk road, Tibet????

hello ...

was a great trip ...
esp with the interesting sights we've managed to capture..

unfortunate that tom's camera seized during the trip ... but i am sure
he is due for an equipment upgrade anyway :p

Hmmm strange thing is that i can't seem to remember where i put my mobile
phone in my luggage... can't seem to find it anywhere ...

nuts.. so i guess ibetter report loss tomorrow n just get a replacement sim card using the same number :(

Cheers n good nightie

definately look forward to all your photos!

Welcome back... Looking forward to the photos.

*puts garlands on the necks of our very own CS adverturers/explorers* :D

:cheergal: :cheers: :vhappy:

tomshen said:
btw, my highly abused D60 failed on the road of Nepal. In fact my two digital cameras both failed during this trip. What the... well, end up bringing back a lot of slides/negative, hopefully got some interesting pictures.

Later.

Oh my, how did that happen? :eek:
Eagerly looking forward to your slidescans.:)

Sputnik said:
Hmmm strange thing is that i can't seem to remember where i put my mobile
phone in my luggage... can't seem to find it anywhere ...

nuts.. so i guess ibetter report loss tomorrow n just get a replacement sim card using the same number :(

Sorry to hear that. Looks like all of us are buying something or getting upgrades after the trip. Will be meeting Tom this afternoon to check out scanner.

Namaste.

tomshen said:
Later.

sounds like films win on tough journey :devil:

tomshen said:
Woooo guys, I am writing on behalf of our 7-person team for the Nepal trip. We are back now! Truely excellent trip, completely enjoyed ourselves. I believe we have many things to talk about, and... of course many pictures to show.

Later.

What happened? Will appreciate your sharing as I'm heading to Nepal and Tibet in Nov. Thanks.

Welcome back... hope to see some pix soon.

BTW, what happened to your camera bodies?

Welcome back.. will you be scanning the slides n upload to CS or are u giving a slideshow presentation? can't wait to see your photos.. sorry to hear about your D60..hmm would a 1Ds fit the job instead :think:

I think later we will organize a slide/print show together will some online article about Nepal trip. Really really a good trip. Wish you all could be there with us.

Sent my d60 for service. Dunno what happened, cannot start up. I lost hundreds of picture opportunities but fortunately film still let me keep some key frames. Now, I am going to be a dual format guy. Going to get an Epson perfection 3200 scanner and shoot more wide/fisheye type of pix.

suggestion: why not hold a slide exhibition at Singapore History Museum or something? Say.. in November?! Hehehehe... sounds equally exciting for those of us who didn't join you guys for the trip...

by the way, how did you cope with looking after your equipment in the geography of nepal?

tomshen said:

Later.
Ouch. Your heart must have skipped a couple of beats when you realised that the D60 konked out! I know I would have...
Just plain bad luck I guess. My D30 came away with no problems although I did not even specifically take good care of it ;p
Anyway, may be a blessing in disguise cos we get to see slides huh... ;)

..NuTs..

With film, shooting style is a lot different. In a word, much more selective. I dunno this is good or bad. Most of my slide/negative films recorded candid portraits, which is what I most enjoyed. Not many funny funny angles. A bit more conservative. Also in a sense "one shot one kill". Actually I like shooting digital, got more coverage; but slides are richer in colors. Maybe in my future shoot, just bring two formats, then I can get the best of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.