Nepal in June

juric

May 29, 2006
Hi all, im planning a solo trip to Nepal this mid June.Will be staying in Kathmandu and Pokhara ( not sure of travel modes between this 2 cities yet)
Roughly how much will be the cost of stayin there for about 10days?(excluding flights and hotels).Will it be better to carry USD?
Is it easy to get a private guide/driver to bring me to places of interest? Or have anyone tried their local travel agencies? Any other inputs will be appreciated.Thanks.

there are various transport between Kathmandu and Pokhara, 4x4 or tourist bus or public bus or domestic flight.
your hotel or guesthouse should be able to help you get tickets when you are there.

carry USD or euro with you and you can change to Nepalese rupees when you arrived at the airport or in Kathmandu town.

Tourist bus to Pokhara costs around $16-18 USD. Trip starts early morning 630am and ends 2-3 pm without traffic delays but be prepared for a bump ride. A flight by small plane is about $102 USD but is only for 30-45 minutes flight time. Your choice. Guesthouses range around cheap USD$12-30. Hotels priced on from there. Kathmandu itself is easy to just hail a taxi and bargain for a destination. Some are within walking distances actually. Since the industry depends on tourist , found it easy to communicate in English as most understand abit. Lots of trekking and tour agencies around so if you really need a guide is no issue. Enjoy your trip. Some of my pics of Nepal on my flickr site if you interested in taking a look.

Thanks for the input guys. But i have to cancel this trip coz heard reports that jun is really a bad time for landscape photography. And Beserk nice photo collections .

Thanks for the input guys. But i have to cancel this trip coz heard reports that jun is really a bad time for landscape photography. And Beserk nice photo collections .

keen to go in nov this year? am looking for travel mate for the trip. stil in planning stage

will be going as part of a grp in Nov this year. If u need help with itinerary planning, can always feel free to PM me later part of the yr and I'll be most glad to share the itinerary with u.

Hi Keithwee, can pm me itnerary ? wish to go nov too.. thanks =)

will be going as part of a grp in Nov this year. If u need help with itinerary planning, can always feel free to PM me later part of the yr and I'll be most glad to share the itinerary with u.

Which trek are you guys going? Can PM me the contact and guide? Was planning to go end Nov this year or end Feb next year.. Manaslu and the Langtang trek looks good!