Neon Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonvonz

Feb 15, 2004
Jason's Heart
Practicing still life with color pencils and sunflower seeds. :)

040201-pencils.jpg

040201-sss1.jpg

040201-sss2.jpg

040201-sss3.jpg

would it be better if the background is not so bright?..... i mean the white background.

nickpower said:
would it be better if the background is not so bright?..... i mean the white background.

is it too glaring? because I wanted it bright and striking, but not sure if it will make people to feel uncomfortable to look at it. :sweat:

i think it's too saturated or over striking... to mi it's overexposed.... not pleasing to the eye. but other then that 2nd pic is interesting with the trail of sweets....

and the injured fish is funny.... :bsmilie:

SianZronG said:
i think it's too saturated or over striking... to mi it's overexposed.... not pleasing to the eye. but other then that 2nd pic is interesting with the trail of sweets....

and the injured fish is funny.... :bsmilie:

ah.. okie. note taken it's too bright already, actually over-exposed deliberately, but i guess it's no good for eyes :) will try to tone down in the future. hehe i play too much with the sweets and made it coating cracked, somehow it's part of the fish when i arrange them. so the idea. hehe..

thanks all for your opinion. ^___^

kjmedora said:
How do you take these pics with the bright white background? What do you use for it?

i used 2 table lamps and a piece of majong paper, clipped one part of the paper on a higher level :) something like 'L' shape.

kjmedora said:
How do you take these pics with the bright white background? What do you use for it?

040202-space.jpg

something like this. :)

maybe u can try again without such strong white light...

u read alot of comics? haha.. saw stacks of comics on the left... :D

The first two photos appeals to me, oves the delibrate overexposure, Colour combination and DOF are very well organised and controlled.

Nice one.

I am not sure would it be better if (for the first two pictures) the fore-most coloured pencil and sunflower seed be in focus, and let the DOF take it away.
Would create a "smoother" feel i reckon.

just my 2 cents

nickpower said:
maybe u can try again without such strong white light...

u read alot of comics? haha.. saw stacks of comics on the left... :D

ya. hehe.. years of collection. :bsmilie: now i dont read as much already, it's too costly :sweat:

waisj said:
The first two photos appeals to me, oves the delibrate overexposure, Colour combination and DOF are very well organised and controlled.

Nice one.

I am not sure would it be better if (for the first two pictures) the fore-most coloured pencil and sunflower seed be in focus, and let the DOF take it away.
Would create a "smoother" feel i reckon.

just my 2 cents

thank you :)

i see what you mean about the dof, :) will take note next time to have more control over the area that are focus or not :)

2nd pic my fav.. hmm would using tracing paper infront of the lamps be useful to soften the lighting :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.