Nelson Mandela, hero who help ended S. Africa apartheid, passed away at age 95. 

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
Sorry... no link yet at this hour... overheard it on BBC and saw 'Breaking News' banner in CNN...

RIP Mr Mandela.... your place as a Giant among Man in World History have been ensured. May who ever your Maker be... judge you fairly and give you the final Peace.

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
May he rest in peace. A great voice of reconciliation and reason is silent now. I hope his heirs, in a political meaning, will carry his message and act well for the people.

keithwee

Staff member
Aug 20, 2010
LittleRedDot
May he rest in peace. A great voice of reconciliation and reason is silent now. I hope his heirs, in a political meaning, will carry his message and act well for the people.
True, hope the legacy he left lives on in the political 'heirs'. That's to me one of the most important.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

- Invictus, William Ernest Henley

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.” -- Nelson Mandela

RIP great legend!

Nov 17, 2005
Jurong West
We salute his passions for his country and people. Having jailed 27 years and was so determined against all odds to fight for righteousness is admirable. We may never find another person like him in the modern political arena, despite enduring all those sufferings and atrocities thrown at him during his jail term, yet he was so brave and understandably receiving the respect and loyalty and support from his people. A leader among leaders with true, unselfish and unmoved visions. Undeniably we lost a great hero of his time.

Top Bottom