NEL X-Processed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

An on-going series on the North East Line(NEL).
this is my interpretation of the NEL.

taken with Sensia100 and crossed processed in C41. the colours are natural and no post processing is done. scanned straight from 4R prints.

camera-shake, long exposure, multiple exposure etc. are some of the techniques used to capture some of the photos.

X-Processed 1

35nel01-med.jpg

X-Processed 2

35nel02-med.jpg

X-Processed 3

35nel03-med.jpg

X-Processed 4

35nel04-med.jpg

X-Processed 5

35nel05-med.jpg

X-Processed 6

35nel06-med.jpg

X-Processed 7

35nel07-med.jpg

X-Processed 8

35nel08-med.jpg

X-Processed 9

35nel09-med.jpg

X-Processed 10

35nel10-med.jpg

X-Processed 11

35nel11-med.jpg

X-Processed 12

35nel12-med.jpg

X-Processed 13

35nel13-med.jpg

X-Processed 14

35nel14-med.jpg

X-Processed 15

35nel15-med.jpg

X-Processed 16

35nel16-med.jpg

X-Processed 17

35nel17-med.jpg

X-Processed 18
35nel18-med.jpg

Apologise for the poor quality. using a flatbed scanner for scanning the photos. cheaper this way... ;)
Any comments on how i can further improve this series?
perhaps composition and more unusual approach?

i've covered only Punggol Station and Dhoby Ghaut to date.
will move onto other stations when i finish my studies this late May.

GOOD
VERY GOOD
I LOVE THIS SH*T
IT'S VERY GOOD

but i bet it'll look like crap if the whole thing was done in proper colour

but that's what cross processing is about.. shooting ART.

good stuff.

:thumbsup:

haha.. well done dude! i always liked the sensia's totally-out-of-whack colors.
*GRINZ

One word for you: EDIT.

HelmetBox said:
urrr... why?
I can't see the whole lot to be working. Some do but some are just too OOF. I can't make head or tail ;0
If you shoot lots more of such stuff, editing will streamline your final portfolio.

I'm sure we are looking at more good work to come. ;p

e.g 12,13,14 all look the same to me. Hence take the best one and put aside the other 2.
Just sharing my thoughts. If you don't think editing is needed, then it must be also right.

And e.g 7. If you didn't have titled NEL, it's impossible to know what it is. In a way, I don't think some of the pictures spoke for themselves strong enough. A lot of them are carried by the wacky colours but not by any meaningful contents.

But then that's only my opinion la. :)

Minoxman said:
e.g 12,13,14 all look the same to me. Hence take the best one and put aside the other 2.
Just sharing my thoughts. If you don't think editing is needed, then it must be also right.
ok ok. good suggestion!

i'm still trying out different ways of taking photographs. on the travellator, on the escalator, the lift while going up and down etc. very experimental.

but i haven't sorted out what i really wanted to show yet, which is the least of my concern. but repetition is quite a worry for me. i'll bear that in mind. :thumbsup:

many thanks!

Minoxman said:
And e.g 7. If you didn't have titled NEL, it's impossible to know what it is. In a way, I don't think some of the pictures spoke for themselves strong enough. A lot of them are carried by the wacky colours but not by any meaningful contents.

it's even better if the audience do not know and couldn't tell that all these ghostly and ghastly photographs are actually taken in the NEL. i even hoped that someone would ask if these are taken at a cemetery.

from a personal point of view and my personal statement, i'm anti-NEL.
why?
simple. i'm totally reliant on trains now. all the buses have been removed and it costs alot of $$ just to travel by trains everyday!

let's just keep it at that.

knowing that Sensia100 when cross-processed will result in a gloomy look and feel, i set about 'documenting' this train system this way, personally. ;)

I DEFINATELY LIKE 1, 9, 11. I feel that those were the ones that will really make an impact :)

Minoxman said:
In a way, I don't think some of the pictures spoke for themselves strong enough. A lot of them are carried by the wacky colours but not by any meaningful contents.

Minoxman.. Nothin personal against u but I thot I'd express my views on wat u've said..

I disagree that the pictures didn't speak for themselves.. It is the precise use of whacky colors that spoke the loudest to me.. If colors are expressions of energy, then I interpret these pictures as moving energy and they jumped out at me in a dance.. Just for me..

Without seeking to hear the photographer's original intention, I have made meaning of his art to speak to me. Even if it was a mere whisper, in that moment that I laid eyes on it, it moved me. So simply put, it worked for me.

Yet to be fair, in the way that some people prefer their visual objects to be clearly defined, some of us would prefer ours to be a blurry of shapes and colors. Perhaps then, it had worked better for me because I was allowed to imprint my very own definitions on another person's vision.

Do feel free to disagree. All these will be good feedback for the artist.

Status
Not open for further replies.