Neil Armstrong Is Dead

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
65years.png

Randall Munroe's xkcd Comic Strip ID No. 893

Of the 12 man ever to set foot on the moon, only 8 remains alive today.

Last edited:
Incredible guts needed to go on the mission.
Lunar landing was one big unknown before their successful mission.
One can die in so many ways. Something can go wrong with the systems and they can be stranded on the moon to die.
Some minor things did go wrong and you needed 2 cool guys (he and Buzz Aldrin) to handle it without panicking. There was a third (Michael Collins) the command module pilot. The PCs you have in your home now have more computing power than the one in their lunar module, and yet they made do with what they had.

Last edited:
today is not a day to run some conspiracy BS. a man has passed away. have some respect, people.

RIP

1edae17e-7f66-49fe-b375-463c5e806f3e-Moon_astronaut.jpg

The moon photos are taken with hasselblad.

I hope hasselblad would create a camera model with Neil Armstrong name to let people remember him.

He stepped on the moon more than 40years ago.

It was only recently that we arrrived on Mars with the Curiosity rover. Could we have done it earlier?

In those 40years, we have made lots of progress in terms of electronics and communications, medical science.

I guess it is a matter of economics that drives R&D and advances in science. Frankly what can we benefit from the moon walk or peeping on Mars.

Some US congressman has asked for state funeral for him.

But some news networks (e.g. Fox News) may attack others about this.

It is damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If turn down, then FN says president don't respect Neil Armstrong.

If approve state funeral, then FN says president is exploiting his death to score political points.

I think he deserves state funeral. There can only be 1 "first man on the moon". There is no other.
But only if his family accepts. Have to respect their need for privacy.

Last edited:
I'm kinda hoping there's no state funeral. Maybe the family will ask for a quiet funeral.

By all accounts he was never into the celebrity status and 'hero' label - just a guy who went about doing his job to the best of his ability, even if that was an incredibly dangerous job, done further from home than any man had ever been.

Perhaps the greatest honor they can pay him is to respect his wishes.

I'm kinda hoping there's no state funeral. Maybe the family will ask for a quiet funeral.

By all accounts he was never into the celebrity status and 'hero' label - just a guy who went about doing his job to the best of his ability, even if that was an incredibly dangerous job, done further from home than any man had ever been.

Perhaps the greatest honor they can pay him is to respect his wishes.

It is sad that when we talk about moon walk people associate it with Michael Jackson rather than Neil Armstrong.