Neighbourhood developing shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweat100

Jul 7, 2002
Singapore
sweat100.multiply.com
Recently there are quite a number of indoor sports events going on.
I am forced to use ISO 1600 because of the inability to use flash.

Question is
1. Will these shops be able to develop my rolls of ISO 1600s correctly of will they just treat it as some 400 and develop it? ( what i have learned in darkroom techniques is that different ISO have different times in developing)
2. If lets say they develop wrongly, is the negatives gone forever ie, the negative will become under/over exposed? and no matter how i enlarge the prints, the quality still be that bad?

3. Can these shops push the films while developing (eg 1 or 2 stops?)
4. How many stops can Press 800 be pushed before the quality of the pictures turns ugly?
5. Same as 4. for fuji supria 1600?

1. For negatives, if I recall correctly, the developing times are the same regardless of film speed unless you choose to pull/push the film. So it should be okay. There _are_ consumer ISO 1600 films around anyway.

2. If something goes wrong with the development, well, depending on how bad, you may or may not be able to salvage.

3. Neighbourhood labs dun know anything about pushing/pulling. The auntie will probably go "Huh? Push what?"

4. Have pushed Press 800 1 stop to 1600. Still good. Above that, have not tried.

5. Dunno.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
1. For negatives, if I recall correctly, the developing times are the same regardless of film speed unless you choose to pull/push the film. So it should be okay. There _are_ consumer ISO 1600 films around anyway.

2. If something goes wrong with the development, well, depending on how bad, you may or may not be able to salvage.

3. Neighbourhood labs dun know anything about pushing/pulling. The auntie will probably go "Huh? Push what?"

4. Have pushed Press 800 1 stop to 1600. Still good. Above that, have not tried.

5. Dunno.

Regards
CK
not all neighbourhood labs are ignorant,some are owned by professional photographers,you shouldn't make such a misleading statement.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.