Negatives to cdrom??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I think this question has been asked before. But is it possible to bring my negatives to a lab and get them to burn the pics into a cdrom?? If so, then how much will cost and what will be the resolution of the pics??

and er...any labs to recommend that this is??

Thank in advance!!! :)

Those Kodak shops lor, $9.90 but must let them process the film I think... probably cost more if u just bring the processed negatives...
go ask lor

..NuTs..

Originally posted by Goose
I think this question has been asked before. But is it possible to bring my negatives to a lab and get them to burn the pics into a cdrom?? If so, then how much will cost and what will be the resolution of the pics??

and er...any labs to recommend that this is??

Thank in advance!!! :)

Colour Lab at Adephi does it as well. If you let them process and scan and print, you just need to pay $9.90 for the CD-ROM of 1800 x 1200 JPGs. If you just want scan + develop, it's $13.50 I think. Preprocessed is $12.

Regards
CK

Thanks nuts & ckiang!!

I know wat to do oredi....;p

Originally posted by ckiang
Colour Lab at Adephi does it as well. If you let them process and scan and print, you just need to pay $9.90 for the CD-ROM of 1800 x 1200 JPGs. If you just want scan + develop, it's $13.50 I think. Preprocessed is $12.

Regards
CK

how's the result quality? i sent mine today, and can't wait to see the results.

Quite okay lar, not fantastic.

Regards
CK

oerr... not very encouraging... then where would give me fantastic scans? recommend!!!

Originally posted by munfai

oerr... not very encouraging... then where would give me fantastic scans? recommend!!!

Try Photo Friend at Penisula Plaza, they have pretty good slide scans. Not so sure about negatives.

Strange thing is that while the scans doesn't look too good on screen (got that grainy look), they print beatifully up to 8x10 on my Epson 890. Think they are optimized for printing.

Regards
CK

Try Photo Friend at Penisula Plaza, they have pretty good slide scans. Not so sure about negatives.

Strange thing is that while the scans doesn't look too good on screen (got that grainy look), they print beatifully up to 8x10 on my Epson 890. Think they are optimized for printing.

Regards
CK

any more expensive than the one at adelphi?

the grainy pics you were talking about, were they scanned at adelphi or photo friend?

munfai,

how are your negative scans??

munfai,

how are your negative scans??

will get them in the evening after work.

i'll try to post some scans tonight.

Once I sent some processed b/w negs to RGB to try out their scanning services. A "low-res" scan is $17 per roll of processed negs. Got back 3072 x 2048 jpegs.

Catch: cropped on both sides to fit into 4R sizing, at least that is what the lab operator told me. Rather unusual practice given my experience with other labs where they all scan full-frame even for low-res.

huh?? need to crop for 4R sizing meh?? I thought the ratio is already correct??

geez... low res is oredi 3072 x 2048. Then high res must be big and expensive!!

huh?? need to crop for 4R sizing meh?? I thought the ratio is already correct??

geez... low res is oredi 3072 x 2048. Then high res must be big and expensive!!

Believe me, this "low res" is already pretty good. I had printed one slide scan at this resolution to 8x10 and people really think it's a slide to print. :)

Think it can easily go up to 10 x 15 with some interpolation.

Regards
CK

eww... got the results back yesterday.

really, on screen it's disappointing.

colours were waaaay off. resolution was alright, but a bit noisy. but this could be due to JPEG compression.

*sigh* :(

anyone has a scanner and willing to scan for me?

Originally posted by munfai
eww... got the results back yesterday.

really, on screen it's disappointing.

colours were waaaay off. resolution was alright, but a bit noisy. but this could be due to JPEG compression.

*sigh* :(

anyone has a scanner and willing to scan for me?

shreesh...can post some pics???

These 2 were scanned by the lab rite??

yup.

Status
Not open for further replies.