Negative scanning service

Status
Not open for further replies.

bangkuangz

Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
Any recommendation on where to scan your old negatives for backup purposes and how much it cost? If I have hundreds of them, would it be more economical to buy film scanners instead?

You could rent my high speed scanner and DIY if you like. Email me if interested (use link below).

You can try Fotohub - www.fotohub.com

For convenience, I send mine to Photo Genie at Great World City.

Cheers

If you have hundreds of negs n trans (like myself), it'll be more economical to get your own scanner.

I've just gotten the Epson V700 photo scanner and loving it every moment. You might wish to read the review here: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson V700/page_1.htm

Now you can do good, high-resolution scanning at the comfort of your own home.

Cheers,
Jon

If you have hundreds of negs n trans (like myself), it'll be more economical to get your own scanner.

I've just gotten the Epson V700 photo scanner and loving it every moment. You might wish to read the review here: http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Epson V700/page_1.htm

Now you can do good, high-resolution scanning at the comfort of your own home.

Cheers,
Jon

May I ask how much you got it for?

It looks good. Can scan Medium format too.

Thanks.
JLamy

May I ask how much you got it for?

It looks good. Can scan Medium format too.

Thanks.
JLamy

Hi JLamy,

It's retailed at $895 but i got mine from Cathay at a much lower price.

Yes, it can scanned up to 5x4 large format neg. So anything smaller than that is not an issue.

Hope it helps.

Jon

Hi,
I have about 100 rolls of 35mm negative & wanting to digitise them. Any recommendation of a good scanning service from the photo lab with reasonable price, as I found the price from Fotohub is expensive (about $20 per roll for 16Base scanning).

Cheers!

Hi,
I have about 100 rolls of 35mm negative & wanting to digitise them. Any recommendation of a good scanning service from the photo lab with reasonable price, as I found the price from Fotohub is expensive (about $20 per roll for 16Base scanning).

Cheers!

Wow!! $20/roll? Saw a shop opposite my place advertising for $2/roll some time back. Not sure if the offer is still on. Btw, what is 16base scanning?

16_Base is high resolution scanning with a 35mm shot to be about the resolution of 6 mega pixels, where as 4_Base scanning will give about 3mp. If need to enlarge the photo to 8R or bigger, then 16 Base scanning is needed.

Hi guys,

i read that 4 base scanning is 1800x1200
16 base scanning is 3500x2400 something, but i got my scanning cd from a shop in 5xxx X 3xxx something, which results 5-6mp depends on the photo..what is my scanning?16 base?

i got that scanning service at good price, I will try more at that shop and if i get consistent results I will provide the service here.. the shop is not in singapore. =)

Wow...$900, that's probably a high end machine rite?

I've also thought about this question b4... what is the most value for money neg scanner out there? My budget is only about $200 leh, coz if more than that, I may just invest in DSLR.

Actually, if you have 100 rolls, even at $2, it's $200, u might as well top up a little more for a machine, that way, u get to scan the rolls u have and any extra you may have in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.