negative must be store in fridge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGB

Mar 25, 2005
to preserve so something like that ? when i want to use it have to take out leave for how long before i can use?

Yes, you are 'supposed' to store it in temps. less than 24C ;). Roughly 12 hours will give the film sufficient time to defrost :)

RGB said:
to preserve so something like that ? when i want to use it have to take out leave for how long before i can use?

err ... haven't heard of and doesn't sound logical to me. store in fridge negatives become cold. take out from fridge moisture in air condense on cold negatives ... wala ... all gone. :confused: maybe experts will like to comment?

Btw storing it in the fridge doesnt mean it extends the lifespan of the film. Since heat is its so called 'enemy' hence storing it will prevent it from getting damaged. Personally, I just store my unused film under my table in a Ikea box where it is cool. If you intend to store it in the fridge just dont open it our else there's no point keeping it there as the plastic film protect the film from moisture ;)

Klose said:
Yes, you are 'supposed' to store it in temps. less than 24C ;). Roughly 12 hours will give the film sufficient time to defrost :)

correction 2hrs is good enought 12 is just being plain 'Kiasu' :bsmilie:

Put in fridge, no freezer. no need to 'defrost'.

It's to preserve the quality of the film. Heat is the enemy.

Do not need to put in freezer unless you are buying in bulk for long term use (say 100 rolls cheaply over 1 year?). Put it in your camera bag for about 2 hours for it to cool down slowly (without direct interaction with normal temp) will do.

About 2 hours. But dun open the package immediately cos condesation might cause problem.

Witness said:
i keep in drybox
got diff???

It is the temperature that have the impact on film. If in the dry box but your surrounding is heaty, it will alter the charateristic of the dilm like color balance and speed. But then if you plan to use it in the near future, then i guess should be ok.

Witness said:
i keep in drybox
got diff???

Dry box, no difference.
Just as long as the temp is in the recommended range,

Dry cabi? You just might have a problem.
If I am not wrong the temp inside the cabi is hotter than the recommended temp.

Read the packaging for instructions on storage.

All unprocessed professional grade film is recommended to keep in fridge for storage, can see the instruction on the box and data sheet, for what reason please do a Google search.

The is practice among professional photographers, processing lab (Foto Hub, RGB), retailers (Cathy, Ruby, etc)

All exposed film is recommended to process immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.