Needs lens recommendation for vacation

devilyn

Oct 12, 2008
Hougang
I am thinking of getting a wide-angle lens for my europe trip, currently using kit lens for my 1000D. What are the possible choices I can look into as I intend to just bring 1 lens for my trip.

I am thinking of getting a wide-angle lens for my europe trip, currently using kit lens for my 1000D. What are the possible choices I can look into as I intend to just bring 1 lens for my trip.

If you only want to bring one lens, you kit lens should do just fine.

Or you can get the 15-85

Your kit lens is not wide enough? I'd say it should be fine.

I suppose u find the 18mm of the kit lens not wide enough.
For only 1 ultra wide lens to bring along, maybe u can consider Canon 10-22mm or Tokina 12-24mm.
Provided u do not mind the range < 25mm.

I suppose u find the 18mm of the kit lens not wide enough.
For only 1 ultra wide lens to bring along, maybe u can consider Canon 10-22mm or Tokina 12-24mm.
Provided u do not mind the range < 25mm.

Yup, but then he can't just bring 1 lens.

TS, the kit lens is a good-enough all-rounder.

If I need a longer focal length lens isit ok to get EF-S18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS or is there any other alternatives?

If I need a longer focal length lens isit ok to get EF-S18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS or is there any other alternatives?

Look at the priceguides, or the many lens review sites... There's also the Tamron and Sigma lenses such as the 18-250 and 18-270

Look at the priceguides, or the many lens review sites... There's also the Tamron and Sigma lenses such as the 18-250 and 18-270

Sigma 18-250 or tamron 18-270 over the canon

Thanks for the info.. I will look through the 2 options..

One more, the newer 18-135mm. :)

Saw from DD Electonics website that Tamron AF18-270mm is selling at $713 but was quoted $930 at MS color.. how come there is a huge difference in price? Isit safe to get from DD Electronics?

Saw from DD Electonics website that Tamron AF18-270mm is selling at $713 but was quoted $930 at MS color.. how come there is a huge difference in price? Isit safe to get from DD Electronics?

you can do a simple search on DD electronics here on CS. See for yourself what ppl are saying

16-85 is slightly wider and provides a nice zoom range for much shooting purposes, though the slight increase in wideness might not be as appreciable as the other ultra wide zooms.

Otherwise a superzoom packs plenty of convenience in one lens. 18-200 was my previous fav travel lens.

ryan