Needs help: where to repair my lens safely and at a decent price?

tokeny

Mar 19, 2011
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all, I just come back from my trip to Europe and too bad I broke my Nikon afs 24-70 there. The zoom ring is stuck and I thought it was some common problem with the screws inside like many others have met with, who eventually paid 200-300 to fix it.

However when I send my lens to Nikon service centre today they say I have to replace the whole barrel and they gave me a quotation of S$980.

Just want to try my luck before either pay S$980 or throw this lens away, anyone can recommend me some places where I can fix my lens safely and at a decent price? Or nikon service centre is already the best place to be.

Thanks.

NSC would be the best place, but not the cheapest.

You can try Camera Hospital or P&G

Or Fatigue, a CS member.

Hi all, I just come back from my trip to Europe and too bad I broke my Nikon afs 24-70 there. The zoom ring is stuck and I thought it was some common problem with the screws inside like many others have met with, who eventually paid 200-300 to fix it.

However when I send my lens to Nikon service centre today they say I have to replace the whole barrel and they gave me a quotation of S$980.

Just want to try my luck before either pay S$980 or throw this lens away, anyone can recommend me some places where I can fix my lens safely and at a decent price? Or nikon service centre is already the best place to be.

Thanks.

The famous zoom ring problem with the 24-70.

$980 is a reasonable price to pay for the barrel replacement.

You might want to read up this thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/870256-Nikon-lens-servicing

Last edited:
We always have to set aside some cash on hand for rain day like this... Good luck for you to find a reasonably man to repair..

Or Fatigue, a CS member.

Thanks bro.

The famous zoom ring problem with the 24-70.

$980 is a reasonable price to pay for the barrel replacement.

You might want to read up this thread:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/870256-Nikon-lens-servicing

It could be the same parts to be replaced but it's a different story when a lens has been dropped.

fatigue said:
Thanks bro.

It could be the same parts to be replaced but it's a different story when a lens has been dropped.

That's right bro. With a drop it could anything that is damaged.