Needs help for email setting ... !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

West_ray

Feb 10, 2003
Yishun
galleries.photonx.org.
help help ... anyone knows how to set smtp mail server and pop server????

i'm using yahoo mail and wanna use to recevie and send mail via Outlook , and was prompt to key in the smtp and pop server ... i only know the pop server for yahoo mail is pop.mail.yahoo.com , but dunno the smtp, thus i only can recevied but cannot send mail ...

anyone knows how ???? or is there any site to determine those pop and smtp server name??? :cry:

HA !! i know where to find SMTP yahoo server liao ...

now the qns again ... i'm using eudoramail ... anyone knows the smtp server for eudoramail ???

thanks

are you using the yahoo.com.sg?
log in via yahoo homepage and go to options/email forwarding and pop access. Then check that the option to receive and send emails via outlook/eudora etc is on. The pop and smtp server names will be stated there.
West_ray said:
help help ... anyone knows how to set smtp mail server and pop server????

i'm using yahoo mail and wanna use to recevie and send mail via Outlook , and was prompt to key in the smtp and pop server ... i only know the pop server for yahoo mail is pop.mail.yahoo.com , but dunno the smtp, thus i only can recevied but cannot send mail ...

anyone knows how ???? or is there any site to determine those pop and smtp server name??? :cry:

meng said:
are you using the yahoo.com.sg?
log in via yahoo homepage and go to options/email forwarding and pop access. Then check that the option to receive and send emails via outlook/eudora etc is on. The pop and smtp server names will be stated there.

oh no no no ... i wann ause my outlook to recevie and send email from yahoo and eudoramail ...

by they way i know the pop and smtp server of yahoo and pop server of eudoramail, but still dunno the smtp server of eudora ...

thasnk meng ~

i mean are you using the email from yahoo.com.sg? or yahoo.com?
as far as I know of, the server settings for pop access are the same regardless of email programs used.
West_ray said:
oh no no no ... i wann ause my outlook to recevie and send email from yahoo and eudoramail ...

by they way i know the pop and smtp server of yahoo and pop server of eudoramail, but still dunno the smtp server of eudora ...

thasnk meng ~

MSN recently introduce some security measures to deter 3rd party software from connecting to their MSN services. not sure if yahoo will do the same ... :eek:

West_ray said:

thasnk meng ~

meng said:
i mean are you using the email from yahoo.com.sg? or yahoo.com?
as far as I know of, the server settings for pop access are the same regardless of email programs used.

yahoo.com.sg ~~ i have no probs with yahoo mail using outlook ... now i just dunno smtp for eudoramail ...

the smtp setting should be inside outlook setting under account

West_ray said:
yahoo.com.sg ~~ i have no probs with yahoo mail using outlook ... now i just dunno smtp for eudoramail ...

log in via yahoo homepage and go to options/forwarding and pop access. Then check that the option to receive and send emails via outlook/eudora etc is on. The pop and smtp server names will be stated there

Status
Not open for further replies.