need your comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
acc2000 said:
please take a look at my fotos,
http://community.webshots.com/user/acc2000-date

all taken using canon A20, i am thinking of getting a dslr.
but i am not sure if my skill level r at that level yet.

please comment, thank u.

Hi, have seen your photos. Altough most of your photos are cropped, it still shows that you know the basic of photography as far as subject composition are concern. You know what to look out for and what to fit into the frame. just comtinue shooting and I think you are there in terms of skill.

Although A20 is a great camera, but it will limit your creativity since it does not provide the kind of tools found in SLR/DSLR, e.g. (interchangeable lens, exposure metering).

Ask yourself whether you have outgrow the A20? Do you want to do more then what A20 is capable of?

What type of photography you are interested (macro, potrait, landscape)? Can the A20 meet your type of shoot?

As you have known (I think you know) DSLR is an expensive investment, and there are many hidden cost (memory card, lens, tripod). You need to do consider your budget.

good luck :bsmilie: Hope it helps.

Pics are rather good (better than mine anyway .... lolz). Moving to a DSLR will allow you to expand and explore your photography skills. From the shots i see, you are blessed with `the eye' for photography. Go slow and enjoy the hobby. Perhaps you shld consider something like a prosumer cam eg. the s602 which can give you an almost slr feel and fucntionality. Just my 0.02 cts worth .............. tOm

acc2000 said:
please take a look at my fotos,
http://community.webshots.com/user/acc2000-date

all taken using canon A20, i am thinking of getting a dslr.
but i am not sure if my skill level r at that level yet.

please comment, thank u.

you dont have any pictures of action or the moment that needs to be captures... and if you dont intend to do that kinda photography, then all you need is a prosumer camera... dlsr is expensive and the benefits is the short shutter lag good for action and journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.