Need your advice on a compact camera


genius2609

Senior Member
Sep 30, 2008
506
0
16
#1
Good evening, every one. I have 600 for a compact camera, which one should I go for? Mostly the cam is for casual purposes like baby shooting, family, travelling, ... Really appreciate your kind help!

Cheers and happy new year!
 

Rashkae

Senior Member
Nov 28, 2005
19,105
12
0
#2
Asked again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

SEARCH before you post. It's in the ClubSnap terms of use. As a member since Sep 2008 with almost 500 posts, you should know this by now!

But in short: 600 is a good budget, go to the shops and play with the models on display, 600 will get you a good one. All the major brands like Canon, Sony, Panasonic make good point and shoot cameras.
 

SamTac

New Member
Jul 19, 2007
755
0
0
#3
Rashkae said:
Asked again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

SEARCH before you post. It's in the ClubSnap terms of use. As a member since Sep 2008 with almost 500 posts, you should know this by now!

But in short: 600 is a good budget, go to the shops and play with the models on display, 600 will get you a good one. All the major brands like Canon, Sony, Panasonic make good point and shoot cameras.
Discipline master
 

Rashkae

Senior Member
Nov 28, 2005
19,105
12
0
#4
Discipline master
Yah. If people simply referenced the existing threads, CS would not be so cluttered and it would be easier to find stuff.
 

luckyorange

Senior Member
Jan 13, 2011
2,839
0
0
Ang Mo Kio
#5
maybe you can visit funan, go any recommended shop, and ask them to recommend you something that fits your budget.. and try, if you like it you buy if not try another 1? haha
 

rhino123

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
5,243
15
38
NA
#6
S$600? Get a mirrorless. TK having promotion. Go there and try.
 

Blur Shadow

Senior Member
Sep 17, 2005
4,886
4
0
#7
rhino123 said:
S$600? Get a mirrorless. TK having promotion. Go there and try.
Hi rhino123. May I know more about the promotion?
 

rhino123

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
5,243
15
38
NA
#8
Hi rhino123. May I know more about the promotion?
1) Panasonic GF2 with 14-42mm lens selling at S$599
2) Nikon V1/J1 when purchase the kit would give you SD 8GB card (not sure the class though), same cheapo cleaning kit, Sirui T005 tripod w/ C10 Ballhead

http://www.tkfoto.com.sg/
 

Berkins

Senior Member
Aug 29, 2010
2,105
1
0
#9
U can try the new canon s100
 

genius2609

Senior Member
Sep 30, 2008
506
0
16
#12
Asked again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

SEARCH before you post. It's in the ClubSnap terms of use. As a member since Sep 2008 with almost 500 posts, you should know this by now!

But in short: 600 is a good budget, go to the shops and play with the models on display, 600 will get you a good one. All the major brands like Canon, Sony, Panasonic make good point and shoot cameras.
Thank you all for your advice, will dig in deeper myself. It is not for me, my friend asks me to help buy one PnS camera, really not very familiar with them.
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,960
27
48
#16
Good evening, every one. I have 600 for a compact camera, which one should I go for? Mostly the cam is for casual purposes like baby shooting, family, travelling, ... Really appreciate your kind help!

Cheers and happy new year!
a superzoom compact camera (any brand) should meet your needs.
 

LT SIN

New Member
Oct 23, 2011
36
0
0
#17
u need to clear your inbox.
was trying to send you a pm
 

Blur Shadow

Senior Member
Sep 17, 2005
4,886
4
0
#18
rhino123 said:
1) Panasonic GF2 with 14-42mm lens selling at S$599
2) Nikon V1/J1 when purchase the kit would give you SD 8GB card (not sure the class though), same cheapo cleaning kit, Sirui T005 tripod w/ C10 Ballhead

http://www.tkfoto.com.sg/
Thanks!
 

Gigarex

New Member
Nov 5, 2011
198
0
0
#20
S100 cost $699. Beyond his $600 budget leh.
Maybe go for a grade lower and settle for S95. I think it can be bought at $549 (Brand New)?

Both S95 and S100 come with the bright F2.0 lens, which is fantastic in low light shooting.
The S100 improvements over the S95 are:
- 5x zoom compared to 3.8x
- Digic 5 processor instead of Digic 4
- FHD video recording instead of 720p
- GPS location tagging (availble on S100)

Other than the above, both cameras are great little PnS gems.
 

Top Bottom