need tutor for canon powershot pro1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheewai

Jul 17, 2005
Toa Payoh
www.sheewai.com
Hi i'm new to digital camera n my wife bought me the above camera. I'm having a hard time using n understanding it, could anyone give me a one on one tutorial on this camera. will pay for the tuition :)

Happy Holiday Cheers

Philip

Have you gone through the manual? What's daunting to you perhaps you might want to share?

Over here, just go on outings and fiddle more, you'll learn it better that way, mostly hobbyists here, nobody will likely want to charge you for 1-1 tuition. ;)

It will b difficult for me to state my difficulties here - too many n dont know where to start. i went to canon for the 'know canon session' but time is limited there. looks like i'm stuck! :(

Thanks

Hey,

Maybe can consider going for some basic photography lessons to learn more about exposure, composition and the camera's various setting to give you what you want eg. adjusting aperture, shuttlespeed and iso for various effects.

Would recommend SAFRA class at Mt Faber. I am very glad I attended the basic photography (the non-digital one although I am using digital). Although focuses on SLRs, but basic concepts the same. Once you know it, you will be able to fully utilize your camera to the max and thats most important. Furthermore, the course fee is quite small amount <100 and the teacher, experienced and willing to share!

I earn no commission from this though..hehe. Just finished the course and found I learn alot starting from nothing. But another venue of learning more is to read up in this forum and dpreview. Both very good forums!

Good luck with your camera and take more pictures!:thumbsup:

Regards,
tltan

The camera manual is probably good in offering you immediate and specific information on how to use your camera. But if you can't be fussed with the nitty gritty and need to take pictures immediately, then just select the full Auto mode and go from there. There will be a quick start section in the front of your manual to show you how to do just that.

But if you want to go beyond and start finding out more, then try browsing the internet for sources. There are many good webpages available for beginners and amateurs alike.

If you want to learn about things such as shutter speed, aperture and ISO, and how they affect your images, try reading the night photography tutorial that's mentioned in my signature.

Try also:

www.photoxels.com
www.shortcourses.com

Don't worry...relax. It's easier than you think. A lot of cameras these days have plenty of features, but are designed in a way that's easy to use.

Thanks alot guys its been fruitful w/ all these info. I will give it a shot again but if it dont work I guess I'll have to go to canon's tuitorial which cost 80 bucks. Thanks again ppl n merry xmas n happy new year to all ....cheers 'hick' :D

sheewai

sheewai said:
Thanks alot guys its been fruitful w/ all these info. I will give it a shot again but if it dont work I guess I'll have to go to canon's tuitorial which cost 80 bucks. Thanks again ppl n merry xmas n happy new year to all ....cheers 'hick' :D

sheewai

Heheh...don't bother wasting money on another tutorial. We should be able to help if you have any other problems.

fWord said:
Heheh...don't bother wasting money on another tutorial. We should be able to help if you have any other problems.

really? newbie can b a bit frustrating to teach - thanks I'll will take ur offer :thumbsup:

have a good weekend fword

sheewai

Bro, join us - CanonGraphers. We should be able to help you. It doesn't matter wheter you are a newbie or not. Photography is about sharing too. :)

fest30.gif
Merry Christmas!!!
fest25.gif

sheewai said:
really? newbie can b a bit frustrating to teach - thanks I'll will take ur offer :thumbsup:

have a good weekend fword

sheewai

Hehe...no problem. I'd like to point out too, that the supposed 'newbies' can sometimes produce the best photographs. The reason being that they have not read up all the things about composition, exposure etc and are entirely new to the hobby. They are not afraid to try new techniques, and experiment heck of a lot, without knowing that they're doing it.

The way they 'see' is not limited by the stuff they have read. Personally, I think I tend to stick to the 'rules' too much. Thus, this 'training' from reading all the material from books and online sources has stopped me from 'seeing' or using certain compositions.

Just a random thought.

USM said:
Bro, join us - CanonGraphers. We should be able to help you. It doesn't matter wheter you are a newbie or not. Photography is about sharing too. :)

Hi usm could u tell me bit more about canongraphers?

Happy new year :D

sheewai

sheewai said:
Hi i'm new to digital camera n my wife bought me the above camera. I'm having a hard time using n understanding it, could anyone give me a one on one tutorial on this camera. will pay for the tuition :)

Happy Holiday Cheers

Philip

Philip,
Drop by our Lab at Bugis and talk to us. Tuition fee not needed.

Cheers.

TechMage said:
Philip,
Drop by our Lab at Bugis and talk to us. Tuition fee not needed.

Cheers.

super! Techmage thanks for the info. i will drop by n look for you, walter - right? and thanks to all u ppl for helping out...wish u guys Happy NYD

cheers...'hick!' :lovegrin:

sheewai

sheewai said:
super! Techmage thanks for the info. i will drop by n look for you, walter - right? and thanks to all u ppl for helping out...wish u guys Happy NYD

cheers...'hick!' :lovegrin:

sheewai

Good news. BTW, I attended one of Walter's A80 training a few years ago. :thumbsup:

No problem lah. You can count on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.