Need to know about fujifilm 2800 zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

icematrix

Hi .. a friend of mine is interested in buying a DC.

particularly the Fujifilm 2800 Zoom? How is it compared to the Canon A40?
and which would u think is better overall?

how much can i get it for now in singapore.? Thanks!

I think the A40 offers better value but it very much depends on what you are looking for in a DC.

I previously owned a FJ2800z. Love the 6x zoom and very friendly and easy to use. Can also take video clips of 60sec each. The total number of clips depends on the size of the smartmedia.

Pictures turned out very nicely and look more saturated than compared to A40. It is also easier to take macros with it.

I sold my FJ2800 cos its maximum shutter exposure is 0.5 secs. This means that you can't take night shots with it. It is purely a P&S camera.

I bought myself an A40 cause it allows me to play a bit more with manual settings, maximum shutter exposure is 15 secs, can attached lenses and filters to the camera. What I miss abt FJ2800z is definitely the zoom.

BTW, you should be able to get the Fuji2800zoom at $650. A group of us got it at that price at Alan Photo in Dec 2001. Prices could be cheaper by now.

Originally posted by copland
BTW, you should be able to get the Fuji2800zoom at $650. A group of us got it at that price at Alan Photo in Dec 2001. Prices could be cheaper by now.

hey thanks for the insights!!!

really appreciate it. i think me and my fren can make a decision. we will go for the 2800Z instead of the A40 coz we really dont dig night shots.

so i guess being newbies, the 2800Z is kinda fine with us.. especially like the movie mode- 60 secs!!! and the zoom for digital stills. 6X!!! and we also like the more bulkier body. weve held a A40 once- very hard to hold coz we got huge hands.

thanks again for the comments. :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: good stuff.

Originally posted by icematrix

hey thanks for the insights!!!

really appreciate it. i think me and my fren can make a decision. we will go for the 2800Z instead of the A40 coz we really dont dig night shots.

so i guess being newbies, the 2800Z is kinda fine with us.. especially like the movie mode- 60 secs!!! and the zoom for digital stills. 6X!!! and we also like the more bulkier body. weve held a A40 once- very hard to hold coz we got huge hands.

thanks again for the comments. :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: good stuff.

Good DC.....u'll luv the big 6x zoom!!!! ;)

i bought the 2800Z for my gf... she just loves it. carries it everywhere and takes anything. the use of AA batteries is also a plus cos can use rechargeables and it's more convenient for travelling overseas.

hmm, i guess if nite shots arent impt to u, then the fuji 2800 is a gd dc. Great colour and resolution.......

i just took the 2800z in my hands today.....

wow...the first thing i said was "wahhhh so small !!!"

yeah .....coz from onlines pics i saw , the cam look quite "fat" or big.....
however , it is really a VERY small and compact for a 6x optical cam(the lens are big though :p)....you just have to hold it in ur hands to feel it...:D

Originally posted by superhero
i just took the 2800z in my hands today.....

wow...the first thing i said was "wahhhh so small !!!"

yeah .....coz from onlines pics i saw , the cam look quite "fat" or big.....
however , it is really a VERY small and compact for a 6x optical cam(the lens are big though :p)....you just have to hold it in ur hands to feel it...:D

That 2800z used to belong to copland :D

yes it looks very big on the internet. When i held it also it was damn small. :D

but 4 batts AA :p

Originally posted by icematrix
yes it looks very big on the internet. When i held it also it was damn small. :D

but 4 batts AA :p

4 AA batt is the norm.......anyway using AA batt is an advantage cos its available througout the world...unlike proprietary batt.

U ought rechargeable batt? Can save $$$ in long-run.

yes thats true!

My friend bought the 2800Z.. brought back home to australia to take some piX.

The "morning shots" were fantastically good. cant really say the same for nite shots... all turned out bad i think coz he didnt even send me one night pic.

hmm.. i am also thinking of buying it..

oh.. my friend.. he also found 6X zoom shiok.. coz now he can take .. err... hot.. sexy .. err.. ladies from a good distance.. and oh man.. the pix.. theyre sooooo hot..

Status
Not open for further replies.