Need to join ClubSnap's Outing Group please

Stephen27

Aug 19, 2012
Yishun
Dear friends,

I realise that in order to improve on my photography, I will need to join a photography group's outing activities
to get myself to practice.

Appreciate if someone can kindly advise how do I go about registering myself/who to contact please?

I also need some advice on which lens to purchase for general photography please?

I currently have the Nikkor 24 - 70mm, f/2.8 lens and a Nikkor 28 - 300mm, f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens which I use for my travels
i.e. landscapes, portraits, street photography etc.,

However, I am considering to purchase either the 14 - 24mm, f/2.8 wide-angle lens for shooting church interiors etc
or the 70 - 200mm, f/2.8 for portraits etc.,

Appreciate if someone can kindly give me the advice please.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Stephen Ng

1) You have found already the section of the forum. Just approach the persons organizing the outings.
2) I think you are well equipped with the two lenses you have. Unless you can pinpoint a specific reason or situation where your current lenses do not work I don't think you should spend more time thinking about equipment.
Alternatively, rent these lenses and see whether they really fulfill your expectations.

Thank you for the advice.

I will try and make contact with the organiser/s of such outings.

Dear friends,

I realise that in order to improve on my photography, I will need to join a photography group's outing activities
to get myself to practice.

Appreciate if someone can kindly advise how do I go about registering myself/who to contact please?

I also need some advice on which lens to purchase for general photography please?

I currently have the Nikkor 24 - 70mm, f/2.8 lens and a Nikkor 28 - 300mm, f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens which I use for my travels
i.e. landscapes, portraits, street photography etc.,

However, I am considering to purchase either the 14 - 24mm, f/2.8 wide-angle lens for shooting church interiors etc
or the 70 - 200mm, f/2.8 for portraits etc.,

Appreciate if someone can kindly give me the advice please.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Stephen Ng

I think what you have is good enuff. No need to buy anymore. I don't have an outing group here but u can check out my 'parking spot' at Beginning Photography @ meetup.com