Need to give angpao ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NubShot

Jun 23, 2008
... if the bridegroom is your buddy, and you will be the photographer for his wedding banquet at a 5 star hotel ? :dunno:

... if the bridegroom is your buddy, and you will be the photographer for his wedding banquet at a 5 star hotel ? :dunno:

if u were given an invitation, and u had accepted it, yeah.

he most probably do not want ur angbao.
if he does, charge him for the photos :bsmilie:

I still gave, and got an an angbao back after the dinner was over :bsmilie:

Yes, you should give angpao to him for the wedding dinner. As for photography service, you should collect angpao from him too (if agreement upon taken the service).

one of my cousins i took wedding, i gave her a 1k angpao. in return for my service, i got $150... then i found out the
videographer & photographer for church wedding was paid 4k...... :(

my humble opinion is to give what you can give and dont expect much back. You want to do free, give it with your heart.

one of my cousins i took wedding, i gave her a 1k angpao. in return for my service, i got $150... then i found out the

my humble opinion is to give what you can give and dont expect much back. You want to do free, give it with your heart.

1K ANGPAO?!?!?!?!??!

wah.....

whaaaalau, you received $150! .... why so much? :bsmilie::sweatsm: my relative going rate for photography by relatives is $60.

TS, separate the 2 issues .... 1) you got invited, and 2) you shoot.

whaaaalau, you received $150! .... why so much? :bsmilie::sweatsm: my relative going rate for photography by relatives is $60.

$60 is low lor.... even if i shoot for a close friend, im expecting the angbao to be equal or more of that i give. (at least $100)
Photography one whole day 5am+ to midnight....is no small joke.

*prays to receive many many 1K ang baos too, when his time comes*
:bsmilie:

Last edited:

wah, $60 is bad... but like i said, give it from your heart and do not look back. if you start comparing and feel lousy after the job, it can affect your mood during editing.

wow thks for all suggestions, i know what to give liao :p

RM or HK??

wah, $60 is bad... but like i said, give it from your heart and do not look back. if you start comparing and feel lousy after the job, it can affect your mood during editing.
In the end i always used the $60 to buy the album and developed the 4R prints ... :sweat:... and i seldom edit images so i am always in good mood.

it just how u want to look at it and what to u mean by "Buddy"?

To me, once you have posted this, it oreadi "proven" your relationship with him ;)

That's the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.