Status
Not open for further replies.

alankuik

Jan 26, 2004
Toa Payoh
www.picturesky.com
hmm.. dunno whether should i ask here.

but .. guys.. can help out?
how much is the rate to get someone to do that ar?
:D

i heard that the people who do NTUC fairprice products photos do it really cheap. Get their photographer if you can find.

That will depends on the type of products, the type of output you want, do you want it in Medium Format, 35mm, Digital or other formats.

Different types of products also commands different pricing, difficult products or simple products... etc etc......

Do PM if you are more interested. About the price, as I mentioned, depends on the type of products.

:D

Rental for studio abt $200.
Photography service abt $100 per hour, for CDR only.
If need model to pose, then also need to factor in model fee.

What is it use for? If the final output is for less then A4 size. It about $25.00 per shot per product. PM me if you are interest.

final output only need to be for an online catalog.

something like this.
www.trendnet.com.sg

my customer is looking at something below $5.00 per product, due to the large no. of products.

imagine, $10 per product, 80 products is $800 already!

also, due to the bulk of the products, it's likely that the photos will be taken at the client's place.

simple shots, good enuff for a web catalog.

Given that it is only for internet, sizes will never be really big. Someone who uses a DSLR or a good Prosumer camera would be able to take those kind of shots with a clothing white background for easy strip out or simple backdrop.
Maybe the charges can be based on two sizes as in the size of the products. For table top product one fix fee and the large stuff like golf bags, clubs..etc. could be consider another fee.

I have done alot of product shooting at my office as we do our own inhouse design, photo shoot and production. And no I am not trying to get this project lah heh.Let others have a go. I am sure there will be a lot of guys out there who would like to do this as a business or for those serious hobbists willing to do this for the experience. It is really not that hard to shoot. I shoot stuff like this using 2 Ring shape flourescent lamp that i diffuse with some covering. Fix your colour correction to the same mode for all..so that in case there is a colour shift due to the lamps...you can BATCH post-process. It is not that hard to shoot since the quality used is for internet.

Using DSLR and shooting it at a lower res of about 3mps will be fine to justify their lower fee. And by using a lower res will ensure they don;t use it for print work and other stuff...in papers and magazine which is where the higher fees are are normally asked and photo material used are more professional. There should be some control in quality and fee. If not, we might spoilt market value to some extend. If they expect to pay $5 and want it in slides or negative...I would be suspious of it is really for the internet. Just my two cents.

alankuik said:
final output only need to be for an online catalog.

something like this.
www.trendnet.com.sg

my customer is looking at something below $5.00 per product, due to the large no. of products.

imagine, $10 per product, 80 products is $800 already!

also, due to the bulk of the products, it's likely that the photos will be taken at the client's place.

simple shots, good enuff for a web catalog.

hmmm .... I think you can do it yourself with a simple consumer camera if that is what you want. Just think, the photographer got to go to your client's place for $5 per product and risk rejection by your customer.

Most photographers will have some sense of pride in their works and will strive to picture the product as nicely as possible, thus they will bring the correct equipment such as lightings and backdrop to your client's place, for $5 per item, I think it hardly justify the cost.

Blurblock is not blur after all :thumbsup: Let don't spolit market $5 a product is very cheapo even for a freelance newbie. :angry: There may have costing like transport, batteries, props like backgroud, even rental of equipment and other material cost. Then it is our creative and skill we are selling, not a bowl of noddles. $400 to do "80" product items were just not worth the creative effort and time to spent one to two whole day on it. :sweat:

correct $5/- each for 80 products too low onli $400/-.......if customer reject how...who will do it?
:nono: :nono: :nono:

some i know, will charge by the number of products, or number of manhours involved. somemore, products may need styling, so may need to factor that in.

all the best, alan ;)

$25 per shot is more reasonable.... if cannot afford that think he should try shooting it himself. Because copyright for these product are sign away.

I spend 1 year shooting catalog photographs and i have pride in the pictures i take even if they are boring. you can get very cheap people to do for you no problem.

pay peanuts get monkey.

alternative is to work out a package. 80 product need about 2 days.
i think $800 for the whole shoot in low res can get people to do.

sehsuan said:
some i know, will charge by the number of products, or number of manhours involved. somemore, products may need styling, so may need to factor that in.

all the best, alan ;)

at $5 per product shot, still need styling?

lolx.. guys guys guys... dun flame me..
the reason y i post here.. is becoz being a "photography idiot"... and one in hosting business, i know nuts about photography and market rates.

that's y post this request here for u experts to advise me. :)

anyway, i thank all for the priceless advice and feedbacks.. and for those who PM me.
Will try to advise the customer accordingly, and depending on their response, will contact whoever is suitable for the job.

once again, thank you guys...
*shake hand wif everyone*

Status
Not open for further replies.