Need to borrow dslr kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathea

Jan 3, 2004
Singapore
www.yaohui.sg
anyone willing to rent/lend me his dslr this friday and sat?
i need them urgently for a shoot.

Rueyloon has 2 setups for rental. Nice fella.

Hi sathea,

I am kind of curious, what kind of shoot are you doing that requires a DSLR and cannot be accomplished by your current camera?

Knowing the nature of your shoot will probably help convince any potential lenders to offer. For example, the place and condition under which you will be shooting. Stating that up front will also help to prevent potential disputes later between you and the lender.

- Roy

i have been using coolpix 4300.
will be shooting for a event in a hotel, therefore i need a dslr for shooting in the low light condition.

do you have experience shooting with SLR/DSLR? It's quite different from using a consumer/prosumer digicam.

sathea said:
i have been using coolpix 4300.
will be shooting for a event in a hotel, therefore i need a dslr for shooting in the low light condition.

More information would help. Basically, anyone reading this would be asking "why should I lend you my equipment?".

What kind of event are you covering? Is it for charity? If not, are you paid to do the job? If you are paid, then would you consider taking a portion of your fees to pay for the equipment loan?

Why did you accept the assignment if you do not have the right equipment for the job?

- Roy

No offence, but seems from it is that your friend actually asked you to cover this event for him at your own expense, if so, just make do with your current equipment is fine, there's really no need for such a hassle to borrow a DSLR to cover his event.

I can roughly guess what event it is, but if he's not paying, don't bother with it, he should expect what you can deliver and knows what you will deliver.

Also, probably listing out the type of lenses/accessories needed would help people in deciding as well. :)

Eg, WA lens, speedlight, CF card, etc.

Hope it helps.

Hiee....

This looks like a "knowing when to say no i can't" type of problem.....

especially when you dont have the equipment - BTW How about using your current camera........

Rgds,
sulhan

mpenza said:
do you have experience shooting with SLR/DSLR? It's quite different from using a consumer/prosumer digicam.

Even you tried SLR before, SLR/DSLR still some different.
I am a SLR user for quite some time and just get a DSLR few weeks ago. Found that cant get used to it in a short period. Think might need some time to get used to it for all the control and button.

My suggestion is use the camera that you get used to it. It can perform better if you know your camera more. Even SLR, different model and different brand got different performance. So if you cant get used to it, think it wont perform perfectly. :) Just my 2 cents of words :p:p

SoNn7 said:
. So if you cant get used to it, think it wont perform perfectly. :) Just my 2 cents of words :p:p

how true, i need a certain trust to my equipment before i can do the job, and that takes some days to get used to.

I can lend you a D70 kit with an SB800, just PM me if you need it.

espn said:
No offence, but seems from it is that your friend actually asked you to cover this event for him at your own expense, if so, just make do with your current equipment is fine, there's really no need for such a hassle to borrow a DSLR to cover his event.
I can roughly guess what event it is, but if he's not paying, don't bother with it, he should expect what you can deliver and knows what you will deliver.
maybe...
here's the link to the event i shot with film and digital...
http://www.pbase.com/sathea/rotaract_installation

Status
Not open for further replies.