need to ask what is the ratio for group photo shoot?

Ozil Leu

Sep 29, 2014
group photo shoot what is the ratio for

photographer : model
?? : 01

anyone can help me on this?

group photo shoot what is the ratio for

photographer : model
?? : 01

anyone can help me on this?

usually the most you see is maxed out at 6 shooters to one model.

And post in the correct subforum.

Thread moved.

Last edited:
Thank you and i'm sorry very new to this.

so max will be 6 ? why is 6 the idea number?

if 10 to 7 not advisable ?

Well its to ensure that all photographers have enough time with the models. Each person might have to set up their own lighting and get the model to pose differently and if there is too many people to a model, the photographers might not be able to get the shots they want. And if you run a modelling company, dissatisfied customers is the last thing you want.

that depends on what the photographers intent to achieve,

if everyone would like to fill up their memory card fast and don't care everyone shots are all looking the same, more than the merrier, then photographers can just line up one line shoot like execution firing squad.

but if the photographers want to have more individual idea input, each have more unique photos, the lesser photographers will be better.

Thank you and i'm sorry very new to this.

so max will be 6 ? why is 6 the idea number?

if 10 to 7 not advisable ?

I never said it is the ideal number. I just said that that is what most paid photoshoots are offering. Ideal ratio is 1:1.

you can try more... and seems like you want to organize paid shoots. Try 7 to 10 and see how many shooters will join your shoots. And if you do not tell them upfront, see how they complain during the shoot....

Last edited:
thanks for all the advise.

ya trying to org a group shoot if i can. that why need to know and understand thing which are needed. so i won't be making anyone who join unhappy if i ever create one.

anyway the best ratio is 2:1 ba because 1:1 is not group shoot. haha ;)

that depends on what the photographers intent to achieve,

if everyone would like to fill up their memory card fast and don't care everyone shots are all looking the same, more than the merrier, then photographers can just line up one line shoot like execution firing squad.

but if the photographers want to have more individual idea input, each have more unique photos, the lesser photographers will be better.

Yeah went to an photo shoot and some shooter are shooting 5-6 shot per pose . snap,snap,snap,snap, snap, then model maybe stretch out her hand , then again snap, snap, snap, snap.

i was WTF need so many picture for what, i started with 150 picture form my first shoot to 50 per shoot , til now i dont go any more

Yeah went to an photo shoot and some shooter are shooting 5-6 shot per pose . snap,snap,snap,snap, snap, then model maybe stretch out her hand , then again snap, snap, snap, snap. i was WTF need so many picture for what, i started with 150 picture form my first shoot to 50 per shoot , til now i dont go any more

Sometimes taking a few shots is to have higher chance of keeping the shots u want because there may have a accident of slight OOF at the area u are focusing,model may blink their eyes or half open/close,camera shake...some if these are not obvious from the camera screen until u go home and check on a bigger monitor and realized it is too late.