Need tips on taking nightshots/low light


Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Galaa

Guest
#1
Im currently using a C2100uz. I found that when taking indoor shots or night shots, when the lights arent good enough, all pictures comes out horrible. I cant increase the shutter speed cos its not bright enough, and increasing ISO doesnt seem to do anything at all....

Also regarding indoor shots, under normal lighting, it doesnt seems enough, and worse is that I cant use flash cos my dog doesnt like it(i usually takes photos of her).
Any one has any tips?
 

Klause

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,417
0
0
34
Bedok
Visit site
#2
Originally posted by Galaa
Im currently using a C2100uz. I found that when taking indoor shots or night shots, when the lights arent good enough, all pictures comes out horrible. I cant increase the shutter speed cos its not bright enough, and increasing ISO doesnt seem to do anything at all....

Also regarding indoor shots, under normal lighting, it doesnt seems enough, and worse is that I cant use flash cos my dog doesnt like it(i usually takes photos of her).
Any one has any tips?
switch to manual mode and increase shuttle to more than 1sec..
 

Pinoy

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,702
1
38
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
#3
Originally posted by Klause
switch to manual mode and increase shuttle to more than 1sec..
.. and pray that your subject would keep still. :) Sigh. That has always been my problem.. once the subject moves... the shot's dead.

Regards,

Pinoy
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by Galaa
Im currently using a C2100uz. I found that when taking indoor shots or night shots, when the lights arent good enough, all pictures comes out horrible. I cant increase the shutter speed cos its not bright enough, and increasing ISO doesnt seem to do anything at all....

Also regarding indoor shots, under normal lighting, it doesnt seems enough, and worse is that I cant use flash cos my dog doesnt like it(i usually takes photos of her).
Any one has any tips?
Another one with doggie pix problem!!! :D

See our discussion on how to take good doggie pix--> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603
 

Blitz

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
517
0
0
40
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
#5
Originally posted by Jayan


Another one with doggie pix problem!!! :D

See our discussion on how to take good doggie pix--> http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603
Bwahahaha so you name it the doggie pix problem liao ah :) Maybe can label it as an official photography term :p

Anyway Galaa, try to get a tripod for night shots. Cos you need the shuttle to open up quite long for low light conditions, your hand can't possibly stop shaking say that 2 or 3 secs, which is enuff to ruin the pic.

I learn about this and so I rush to buy my tripod after 2 wks of getting my camera :D
 

marlin

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
133
0
0
42
AMK
Visit site
#6
well for night shots, a tripod is a must...exposure timing setted to 1 to 2 second will be quite optimal..

if you are taking landscape shot...use the remote control or self timer ..to prevent shaking while pressing down the shutter button...

for moving objects ...it doesn't matter it has to be still...cos it will give a sense of motion...
trial and error ...and more practice will do...
keep trying...
:)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom