Need tips for Brithday Photo in a party hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjiths26

Dec 22, 2008
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi Friends,

Need some advice on taking Birthday party photos.

I am celebrating my daughter 1st bday today evening in a party hall. Are there any tips for taking birthday photos in a party hall.

I have Canon 450D + 17-50 F2.8, no external flash. will the inbuilt flash of cam be enough.

Pls give some tips for taking good pic. or if there is any previous discussion about this pls give me the links.

Cheers,

Remove any lens hood if you are shooting at wide angle with your built-in flash.

Dial up your iso for more ambient light or try slow-sycn flash.

best is to get yourself an external flash
and learn how to use it

if not then, set your iso to as high as you dare
set your mode to manual
set your shutter speed to as slow as you can handhold without camera shake
set your aperture according to the DOF that you require

turn on all the lights in the party hall

Anyway, its a happy occassion for your daughter, try to be in the picture with her. Capture moments, remember the old times with just a film pns with flash?

Thanks for your suggestions...

yes i have to be there with my kid.... so planning to use tripod, do all the settings and let some one to just click the shutter release button...

and one more tripod to mount my Canon HF100 :)....

as this is a memorable time, i dont want to take risk in testing my photographic skills, just want to configure a best setting and take it.... :))

Hi

the best is to set your camera into an A (Aperture) Mode, set the Aperture equivalent to the lowest possible i.e. 4.5 may be in your case or lower if you have other faster lenses, set the ISO into 400 (usually best for indoors), use your inbuilt flash .....you may not use the flash at all to give true/dramatic colors to your photos espcially during the cake cutting ceremony.

If you do have an external flash then simply put your Camera in Manual. Set ISO 400, Aperture 5.5-8.0 depending upon the light and shutter speed at 125.

hope this helps, if not then you may call me or visit my link www.sam-images.com as I am a kids and family photographer. thanks

enjoy your party.

then just use a PROGRAM MODE ISO 400

Since this is really an important event, i would suggest getting a speedlight. For me I carry 2 flashes which is especially good for group photos.

It doesn't mean that for events you have to use flash/(external). For example, assuming the light is off because your daughter is going to blow the candle. A shot with a flash might ruin the lighting of your photograph.

Can you tell us more about the lighting condition of your party hall?

Status
Not open for further replies.