need the dal 35mm 2.4 or da 40mm xs

hellfire88 said:
i will suggest the 40mm. personally deciding between this 2 as well since both are cheap and good plus both can be used on film cameras. have you seen pinholecam samples from the 40mm? good IQ plus the ultra thin size is a hands down winner for me.

where can I have a look at pinholecam' photo?

woodykong said:
yesterday the young guy from newstead at nex told me tat sigma 30/1.4 $400 smtg...I feel confuse nw..n I nvr test 3 of the lens...

400 plus for Sigma 30 1.4 is a very good price. u sure about that? pre owned copies of this lens are going for 500 at bns.

when I travel light, I love my 40mm xs. but the fov is kinda tight for some occasion.

bt sigma 30/1.4 nt reali Gud oso..bt is compare to fa31..if compare to 40xs or dal 35 I think is gud

bt sigma 30/1.4 nt reali Gud oso..bt is compare to fa31..if compare to 40xs or dal 35 I think is gud

30/1.4 is fast and can give good shallow DOF effect close up.
However, its not as evenly sharp thru center to edge, something to take note of.

i own the FA35 before..sold it when I got my FA31..frankly speaking..i really think that the FA35 deserve its tag as the poor man FA31 especially if you can get a 2nd hand copy at a good price...right now..i still miss my FA35 alot especially during travel since its much lighter than FA31

for sigma 30..from the pics i seen so far..its a pretty good alternative for FA31 especially in terms of the price..if u dun shoot film and are on a budget..go for sigma 30...but if budget is unlimited..go for FA 31 :bsmilie:

juz bought my 1st prime lens..40xs at OP..$319 I think the price is ok for the lens rite

juz make me think izzit is grey set..bt is under emjay warranty..grey set mean no international warranty rite

why would you need international warranty when you got local one ...

oo so soli bcoz didn't understand grey set at all..n bcoz I'm so rush to buy juz scare problem bt if problem oso cannot hw..I'm rdy to trip tonite..so hapi can bring the lens..hope can join the outing next time

oo so soli bcoz didn't understand grey set at all..n bcoz I'm so rush to buy juz scare problem bt if problem oso cannot hw..I'm rdy to trip tonite..so hapi can bring the lens..hope can join the outing next time

Relax bro. It's not an Grey set.. :) Just keep your receipt. And enjoy ur trip.

Cheers.