Need suggestions on outdoor shoot location for child

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickz

May 8, 2008
Hi there,

I need some suggestions from the experts here on good locations for my daughter's 1hr outdoor shoot (morning). Here's what I have in mind:

1. Botanical Garden
2. Mount Faber
3. Portsdown Road - I like this place but not very familiar with it.

Pls feel free to add on to the list and share some pics if possible too! :)

Singapore Science Centre - Water Work.
It is a water theme children playground

Not an expert here, but I'd say any place with a playground (if she's active) will work.

any places will do, safety of your child is primary concern,

a neighborhood playground is a great place to let your child loosen up and have great photos.

for great lighting and pleasant temperature for outdoor shoot is between 7.45am to 8.30pm.

Hope this help.

Unless your gal wakes up early, I would suggest you do it in the evening, around 5-5:30pm. If this time is after her nap, lagi best! :)

Pasir Ris park has a pretty amazing play area. Also, Children's Garden @ Botanical Gardens has a water play area with red metal pumps and greenish concrete that add nice color to the photos. Bukit Batok park is also good.

Probably somewhere she is familiar with and she likes it rather than the loction itself? I was thinking in the angle that u will like to capture her emotions more than the place itself.

How old is your daughter?
She's 3 :)

Unless your gal wakes up early, I would suggest you do it in the evening, around 5-5:30pm. If this time is after her nap, lagi best! :)
She's an early birdie.. so morning is not an issue.. :)

Singapore Science Centre - Water Work.
It is a water theme children playground

Sounds interesting! Will check it out! ;)

Just go out & play with your kid. While doing that, you can take her picture.
This way, you can do it anytime, anywhere.

-ws-
D80, AF 85mm f/1.4D IF, AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED, SB-800

I have a 3 y.o sister and I have tons of really nice pics of her. ;) Jacob Ballas Children's Garden is a nice play and have a natural setting. Any playground would do...the zoo...but the best is to find a place were she would not tire at the sight of a camera being pointed at her. Also, the beach is nice place as well! :) Have fun!

She's 3 :)

She's an early birdie.. so morning is not an issue.. :)

My daughters are 3 and 1. I take photos of them anywhere from the house to the playground to the parks.

Wow! you are good to have a formal 1 hr photoshoot with your daughter....;p. are you doing the shoot yourself? At that age, they usually have other intentions when you want to do a photoshoot though.

I have a 3 y.o sister and I have tons of really nice pics of her. ;) Jacob Ballas Children's Garden is a nice play and have a natural setting. Any playground would do...the zoo...but the best is to find a place were she would not tire at the sight of a camera being pointed at her. Also, the beach is nice place as well! :) Have fun!

Quite a big age gap, isn't it?

Wow! you are good to have a formal 1 hr photoshoot with your daughter....;p. are you doing the shoot yourself? At that age, they usually have other intentions when you want to do a photoshoot though.

Hee.. of cos not me! Cos I wanna be in the photoshoot too! ;p Vain mummy here lah... hahaha!
Actually the outdoor shoot was arranged to be on her 3rd birthday. Wanted to make it a special day that both of us can remember in future :)

Hee.. of cos not me! Cos I wanna be in the photoshoot too! ;p Vain mummy here lah... hahaha!
Actually the outdoor shoot was arranged to be on her 3rd birthday. Wanted to make it a special day that both of us can remember in future :)

Ahh! I see. Is this your 1st child? You are setting the standards for the other children.....I am sure that the photographer will have something in mind. If possible, can probably do it in the studio with toys and stuff would make it easier to control the lighting though. ;p

That's great, nowadays kids are very fortunate.

last month my customers bring their baby boy to the Singapore Flyer to celebrate his 1st birthday, afternoon come to my studio for photo shoot.

last week another customers bring their one year old daughter cross the causeway to my studio for photo shoot.

Some parent suggest to me make a dummy cake for photo shoot, but I tell them nothing beat a real cake, so many of them bring their own cake to my studio.

anyway, kids should have lots of photos, cause they grow so fast.

for great lighting and pleasant temperature for outdoor shoot is between 7.45am to 8.30pm.

Ahhh... catchlight bro... u mean 7.45-8.30am right? The timing above is kinda like the whole day... thought i just wanna clear this up.

Also during May-July months it may be early as the sun is up earlier :) like 7am its already pretty bright...

Status
Not open for further replies.