Need suggestions for a Bag to fit my new Gear.

ZaneChua

Feb 28, 2011
Hey there. This is my first post i need some advice about getting a Bag for my Gear.

I currently have :
D7000 + 18-200mm VR II
B+W 72mm UV MRC Haze Filter.

That's about it for now. However, in future i do plan to fit one prime and a flash and spare batteries. I need some input on what kind of Bag i should get.

Budget: $1-$200(Max. Usually would pay about $150 max.)

Last edited:
Unfortunately I do not think a Camera Bag needs to cost so much and in my honest opinion i think their bags are ugly. Maybe i should have set a budget.

Unfortunately I do not think a Camera Bag needs to cost so much and in my honest opinion i think their bags are ugly. Maybe i should have set a budget.

Just go down to TK and touch and feel all the bags there, they have almost every brand except for billingham and a few others. after deciding on the bag then hunt for the best deal.

TK= Taka?

I will do just that.

Hmmm national geographic got some nice bags you can check them out!

TK = TK Foto at Funan. Check out Cathay Photo at Peninsula/Marina Square as well.

But before you do that, think about what style of bag you prefer - shoulder bag, waistpack or backpack. Each have their pros and cons.

Haha which one is it? I'm aiming a $95 one neh hahaha!

Haha this one:

NG%20A2560.jpg

selling $155 at TK

National Geographic Bags eh? I'll be sure to check those out too.

Anyone more familiar with Lowepro or Tamrac or something?

what's your preference as to type (e.g backpack, sling, shoulder) and style (quick-draw, side-open, topload, rear-open, etc)?

got lowepro, kata, tamrac, vanguard, think tank, NG, crumpler to choose from. sorry, make you more confused with choices :sweat: :bsmilie:

Haha, its alright. Uhm. I think backpack and sling, heavy for shoulder type. I guess Quick Draw and Side Open?

Not really hyped upon brand. Just want good quality and feel. I know crumpler material is good but i'm looking for something just the same.

To TS,

currently im using KATA Dr467i, pretty good, can fit probably what u have describe,
its a backpack, i got it from 2nd hand @ CS BnS

u might want to look thru BnS, theres a lot of good deal

i'm using a Timberland haversack... either that or a normal L-sized Crumpler

Can consider Crumpler 5 or 6mdh. should be just nice for your gears.

TS, your gears can be carried by many many different models and types of bags. The best thing for you, is to make a trip down to Funan (TK Foto 2nd floor), and peninsular (Cathay Photo ground floor). Check out the range of bags there, play with them, feel them. You will get a much better idea than asking about it on an internet forum.