need suggestion, plz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

childgarden

Jun 21, 2009
The Lost City
hello, i planning to buy a prime lens but confusing now in between
1) AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
2) AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ...................... because of the budget problem, i give up to think about AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G ...
plz give me some sugestion, thx for kindness...thx...

anybody have comment about lens--Tamron 18~270mm?

Must be Nikkor?

18-270 is pretty good range but Tamron has a somewhat inconsistent qc from what i read so if you are intend on buying, look for shop that has a few copy for you to test.

hi, Reportage...emm, can u give me other suggestion beside nikkor ? thx..

1) AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
2) AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ...................... because of the budget problem, i give up to think about AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G ...

If you don't need an AFS lens, buy a 50mm 1.8D, cheap and good. Personally, I went for the f/1.4D, no regrets though 50mm on a DX can be a bit too narrow. What do you usually shoot?

rent a Sigma 30mm. If you like it, save up for it. On a crop camera, its just nice for head~shoulder portraits.

If you don't need an AFS lens, buy a 50mm 1.8D, cheap and good. Personally, I went for the f/1.4D, no regrets though 50mm on a DX can be a bit too narrow. What do you usually shoot?

rent a Sigma 30mm. If you like it, save up for it. On a crop camera, its just nice for head~shoulder portraits.

I would feel that a 50 mm f1.4D on DX format would be most suitable for portrait. And the sigma 30 mm f1.4 on DX format to be suitable for candids and tighter general purpose shots.

To be honest, a 30 (roughly 45 mm on DX) perspective can look awkward sometimes for portraiture. In the beginning i shot portraiture on 50 mm full-frame, now i move on to 85 mm or longer focal lengths as it simply looks more "flattering" to me.

1) AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D

so you want to buy prime lens for the sake of saying "i want a prime lens"?

you have the kit lens? figure out which focal length you like more. then buy that.

hijack with a super noob qs: can a prime lens change its aperture?

not cosidering sigma 50mm 1.4?

hijack with a super noob qs: can a prime lens change its aperture?

No, the lens cannot change the aperture.
But you can change the aperture a) using the dial at camera; b) using aperture ring at the lens. Further details will depend on used camera and lens. Do note that certain lenses don't have aperture rings (Canon EF/EF-S, Nikon G and others..) and for certain lenses the aperture cannot be adjusted via camera (manual lenses or when using mount adapters).

Status
Not open for further replies.