need street soccer lens

ErikaT

May 27, 2011
hi there

What are the lens that are recommended for taking photos in the street soccer court? 100mm or more, or 100mm or less will do the job??

thx alot
regards

70-200mm f/2.8?

you can get away with the 70-300mm if it is a nice bright day.

400 f2.8

actually 400 is just minimum. You need 500.

i saw my friend using the very basic lens 18-55m and she said she really satisfied with the quality, but i saw her only take the photos as the whole court.

thats why i m thinking if a 135mm or a 200 will do

hi there

What are the lens that are recommended for taking photos in the street soccer court? 100mm or more, or 100mm or less will do the job??

thx alot
regards

You need to consider the lighting conditions and how close you will be to the action. your 18-55 kit lens is good enough, or you can use an 18-250, etc.

There are street soccer courts all over singapore. Go to one, test your lenses, you will see what you need and if what you already have is good enough.

We should really consider setting up a sticky thread with lens classifications. So far there are repeated requests for children birthday lenses, holiday travel lenses, wedding lenses, family portrait lenses, now the new street soccer lens. I'm missing sunset lenses, actually. Moon lenses are also in demand, with a 4 weeks cycle :)

70-200mm f/2.8?

you can get away with the 70-300mm if it is a nice bright day.

if i m getting the 70-200mm f/2.8 with no IS, will be ok? i photos are will be shaky

if i m getting the 70-200mm f/2.8 with no IS, will be ok? i photos are will be shaky

You can always decrease exposure time. Bracing against stuff like the seat in front of you helps a lot to stabilize the lens too.

learn to use a monopod as well as pre-fire for sequential shots when it comes to "difficult" shots.

70-200mm f/2.8 should do the job.

Anything more than 300 is not too useful in a street soccer court since it's so small.

TS, it really depends on the distance you are to the subject and the lighting conditions.
Of course if you have the budget a 70-200/2.8 will always be a good addition to the lens collection :)
(Good low light performance; Good sharpness; Good focal length in most cases)

We should really consider setting up a sticky thread with lens classifications. So far there are repeated requests for children birthday lenses, holiday travel lenses, wedding lenses, family portrait lenses, now the new street soccer lens. I'm missing sunset lenses, actually. Moon lenses are also in demand, with a 4 weeks cycle :)

Ha..ha.. I got one aged S.Takumar lens where the radioactive elements has given it a yellow tint. I think very suitable as sunset lens :D

NOOO! Never stickied any post... In our society context, whatever sticky thread means... 'Don't read thread'...

Look, Rashkae had done a fabulous thread on "what DSLR to get" and still we get daily threads started by newbies who wanted to know which DSLR to buy. If you stickied a thread on what lens to buy, newbies, oldies and aliens will still come out with threads asking what lens to buy what. Might as well just answer them in their thread and be done with.