need some users advise on think tank street walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijnek

Feb 4, 2008
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
hi,

i need some users' inputs on the think tank street walker bag.

while the gears it holds is not a problem for me, i am more interested to know abt the tripod carrier it has.

i hv the lowepro flipside 400aw and while it holds the tripod, i have to use additional tripod to hold it in a position closer to the bag and does not feels like puttin the bag backwards...

how abt the think tank street walker?

reason for asking cos i am thinkin of either getting this or a tripod bag...

oh...my tripod is manfrotto 190cxpro4 with 488rc4 head

don't get your description. i using the HD. u hook the tripod at the back of the bag similar to 400AW(which i used to have too) but it has more space and no problems with hood storage. getting a tripod bag which using a backpack,i find it cumbersome. i use tripod bag when i am using my speed racer or shoulder bag. for backpack,u might consider a tripod strap instead.

I m Streetwalker harddrive user, the tripod holder can hold my Gitzo GT2531EX with Markins Q3T without any problem at all. But like what Imac08 says, i 2nd a tripod strap for ease of reach.

hi,
mayb i should mention also tat i'm i'm using d90 with grip...can fit?
cos i read a review that dslr with grip might not be able to fit in...

on the flipside 400aw, the tripod when secure to the bag, feels like it is leaning backwards...

if the d90+grip is about the same size as the d300+grip, then no. it will be a tight fit and will require you to remove a few partition panels. for any camera bigger than d300+grip, u will have to get the pro.

and yah. get a tripod strap. it's much easier. i never hang my tripod outside my SWpro... too leh chey.

thx guys.

i appreciate the advise.
luckily i didn't make the leap yet...

streetwalker pro, will take a look on tat

I'm using a basic Streetwalker. If you leave the grip on, it might be a bit of a squeeze to fit the body at the top of the bag where they intend you to (the top tapers off, so has less depth than the rest of the bag). I don't use a grip, so this is just my best guess. away from the tapered area at the top, its definitely deep enough to take body+grip, but you may need to think through how to reconfigure the dividers to get enough width at the same time.

Don't quite understand your description about tripod putting the bag backwards.... I'm using a Slik Pro 340, very similar in dimensions and weight to your Manfrotto. Fits nicely (looks very much like the picture on Thinktank website), and the bag will sit properly on the ground when you put it down, thanks to the very flat bottom. Won't fall back because of the weight of the tripod, if that's what you're worried about.... (this is with some gear inside the bag to weigh it down, I've not tried an empty backpack with just the tripod)

If you want to fit body+grip, might be better to go for the Streetwalker Pro, I think the extra depth it provides is enough. Best to just bring your stuff to John 3:16 or TK and try, you'll see for yourself how well everything fits...

i use the HD. no prob with my 5D2 + grip. i really love the partition..can fit your lenses with hood. but heavy on the back though

Status
Not open for further replies.