Need some tips for interior photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pr0t0type

Feb 16, 2002
East
Visit site
Hi guys, its my first attempt in interior photography, need some tips and experiences from you guys.

Will shoot on film (negative, no slides) only. Which film would be the best for interior? Currently I am thinking of using Fujifilm NPC 160 or NPH 400. Or are there any other films that are more suitable?

When shooting interior, should i use bounceflash (the place i will be shooting has low ceiling) or longer exposure?

All tips and suggestions greatly appreciated, thanks! ;)

using a tripod + longer exposure should be better
1)can capture ambience
2)can better expose the interior(if using flash, far away details might not be illuminated)

zodnm said:
using a tripod + longer exposure should be better
1)can capture ambience
2)can better expose the interior(if using flash, far away details might not be illuminated)

Thanks for reply.

If there is a window with bright sunlight outside, longer exposure will cause the window part to be overexposed right?

Pr0t0type said:
Thanks for reply.

If there is a window with bright sunlight outside, longer exposure will cause the window part to be overexposed right?

Yes.. draw the curtains or shoot away from the window if possible... otherwise it's part of the ambience.... another way is to use a graduated ND filter....

TME said:
Yes.. draw the curtains or shoot away from the window if possible... otherwise it's part of the ambience.... another way is to use a graduated ND filter....

Thanks, will take note of it.

Still pondering over which film to use though. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.