Need some tips for HK

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
not me, i still schooling. but is there anything worth getting from HK which is cheaper than in singapore. do they have crumpler bags there?

feel like getting the crumpler formal lounge... wonder if get from HK got better value cos my mum and sis going there to mai dong xi chi dong xi mai dong xi chi dong xi.... :D

some lenses and accessories (especially camera manufacturers) are cheaper. not too sure about bags though.

mpenza said:
some lenses and accessories (especially camera manufacturers) are cheaper. not too sure about bags though.

hmm... dun intend to ask them help me get any lenses and accessories cos they noe nuts abt cam and scared they kena carrot...

not too sure if i'm too late.

they do sell crumplers around somewhere around TST area. U've juz gotta know where to go.

Cameras are not at all that cheap.

I paid mine for HK$10,800, D70 with kit.
Heard it's cheaper in thailand.

ivanm said:
not too sure if i'm too late.

they do sell crumplers around somewhere around TST area. U've juz gotta know where to go.

Cameras are not at all that cheap.

I paid mine for HK$10,800, D70 with kit.
Heard it's cheaper in thailand.

thks... nt too late at all... are the prices of the bags there cheaper than in singapore? or is it more worthwhile to buy bags in singapore?

Gitzo tripods are good value there. But Crumpler......

Alternative, Hakuba and Velborn accessories are available there, but not here.

DVDs are definitely a better buy there.

Cheers,

How about lomo cameras? Would they be cheap in HK?

Am going in August... :)

daphz said:
How about lomo cameras? Would they be cheap in HK?

Am going in August... :)

Me also going in August!
Yah, was wondering if there is anything good to buy over there.......
:think:

What ever you buy in Hong Kong check your goods well especially lenses and bodies. Just bought a EOS1V and a 70-200L IS USM lense. So kallang kabut didnt really check it at the store, anyway the sales guy said no problem can try and return it in 7 days, if there was a problem.Well i did find a large speck of dirt in the lens and quickly returned it within the 7 day period. But the sales guy was giving me grieve when i tried to return it. Said that there's dust all around us and he would not replace it but try and blow compressed air on it. So i called a local friend of mind who happened to be in the neighbourhood. And the sales guy suddenly changed his attitude. The best part was that he took out 3 more lenses and the all had dust in them!! Can u believe it? Brand new L lenses!.but manage to get one without. Moral of the story.... bring along a local if you can and triple check if you're not going to be in the country for long. BTW, the shop's name is Man Shing Photo Supplies Co.
106, Tung Choi Street, Kowloon. :thumbsd:

bsplenden said:
thks... nt too late at all... are the prices of the bags there cheaper than in singapore? or is it more worthwhile to buy bags in singapore?

I believe price and variety are both better over in SG..
HK variety kinda little and prices are steep..

edwinvh said:
What ever you buy in Hong Kong check your goods well especially lenses and bodies. Just bought a EOS1V and a 70-200L IS USM lense. So kallang kabut didnt really check it at the store, anyway the sales guy said no problem can try and return it in 7 days, if there was a problem.Well i did find a large speck of dirt in the lens and quickly returned it within the 7 day period. But the sales guy was giving me grieve when i tried to return it. Said that there's dust all around us and he would not replace it but try and blow compressed air on it. So i called a local friend of mind who happened to be in the neighbourhood. And the sales guy suddenly changed his attitude. The best part was that he took out 3 more lenses and the all had dust in them!! Can u believe it? Brand new L lenses!.but manage to get one without. Moral of the story.... bring along a local if you can and triple check if you're not going to be in the country for long. BTW, the shop's name is Man Shing Photo Supplies Co.
106, Tung Choi Street, Kowloon. :thumbsd:

I guess it's just a case of bad luck that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.