need some recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

regi-nald

i got a 400D a couple of mths ago..&i'm thinking of changing e lens as there's a spot in my kit lens(EF-S 18-55mm)..wld like to hear some recommendations from e pros here on which should b e next lens i shld get..&roughly wld b e price both 1st&2nd hand..

thanx&cheerios

i got a 400D a couple of mths ago..&i'm thinking of changing e lens as there's a spot in my kit lens(EF-S 18-55mm)..wld like to hear some recommendations from e pros here on which should b e next lens i shld get..&roughly wld b e price both 1st&2nd hand..

thanx&cheerios

Cue: All round bashing from all the 'pros'.

Anyway, if you're on a budget, you could go for the 50mm f/1.8 ($110, first hand). If you want something similar to the 18-55mm, go for the Tamron 17-50mm which has fixed f/2.8 ($500, second hand). Alternatively, you could try getting either the Sigma 18-200mm or the Tamron 18-270mm, wide zoom range. Think they're probably priced around 800 plus brand new.

Anyway, I suspect you would get lots of bashing for asking a question like this. Tip of advice, don't be put down by the bashing. Nothing wrong with asking. ;)

Me no pro, but like to ask, does the spot affect your pictures?

ask yrself what type of pictures u wanna take and get the correct lens for it..

You're changing lens b'cos of the spot?

Choice of lens depends on what photos you intend to take. The choice of types can vary quite a bit e.g. macro, potraits, landscape, walk-about, birding... the list goes on...

Based on the interest, you will then narrow down to a few choices of lens. From that few choices, you can doa search here, ebay and other websites to get reviews or prices.

If still you can't find what you are looking for, you can then put up a post asking for a specific equiry here in CS. Most will help as it shows that you actually did some homework before hand. It's rather difficult to give out advise on such a vague enquiry.

Sorry if this sounds like a bashing (no intention to be) but my advise is to help us to help you. I'm not exactly a lau jiao myself. Went thru the same learning curve... had my fair share of bashing, but I took it all as a lesson.

thanx&cheerios
just a thought...consider sending to CSC for cleaning?

sorry4e late replies..just came back frm overseas execise.. 1stly..e spot affects certain shots esp when i try snapping cloud formations or objects with white background.. 2ndly..i'm currently into landscape/scenery photog&a lil on sports photog as well..whether or not i'll venture into other forms of photog is still a question.. 3rdly..e lens isnt mine..:bsmilie: 4thly..i hav been looking around4different lenses&am trying2rent some of them2try them out b4 purchasing them but i'm still unfamiliar with certain stuff.. 5thly..thanks4all ur encouragement..:)

cheers,
regi-nald

Status
Not open for further replies.