need some PS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

+evenstar

Hi all, need help with some PS settings.

Recently, I've tried saving some images with PS, and viewed them on Windows Photo and Fax Viewer, as well as IrfanView. However, the colours of the similar image when viewed in these 2 programs differ from PS.

Colours on DPP appear similar as PS though. Image was at sRGB. Any kind souls can help?

dunno if i am correct
maybe its cos only dpp and PS makes use of the embedded ICC color profile to display the image? not sure

another possible reason i can think of is maybe the individual programs gamma point is different
i know irfan and PS can change gamma point..
is that wat you mean by the colors are different? as in not in hue but the brightness?

slaam said:
another possible reason i can think of is maybe the individual programs gamma point is different
i know irfan and PS can change gamma point..
is that wat you mean by the colors are different? as in not in hue but the brightness?
download this image, and view in Microsoft photo and fax viewer and in PS

download here

+evenstar said:
download this image, and view in Microsoft photo and fax viewer and in PS

download here
here's my screen capture of PS and irfan i can't see difference

heh took down the screen capture dun wanna add extra bandwidth since at least one person have seen it .. maybe you can post a screen capture to show ur point?

no difference on my LG LCD either.

I suspect the problem is a combination of monitor and software capability. Do you have the latest driver for your monitor installed? Some drivers will allow you to load colour profiles - as per the below screen shot from my PC...

screenshot.jpg

cyber_m0nkey said:
no difference on my LG LCD either.

I suspect the problem is a combination of monitor and software capability. Do you have the latest driver for your monitor installed? Some drivers will allow you to load colour profiles - as per the below screen shot from my PC...

screenshot.jpg
hmm...yea my colour profile is set to my calibrated profile...i shall reset all my colour settings again

#1 looks more accurate and saturated to me

#2 seems to have wayy too much red (the blues look purple)

Keep in mind my IBM LCD is not 100% calibrated. (My white point is a little grey..)

Both images had saturation purposely turned up by quite a fair bit to see the effect of 2 diff colour profiles..now i'm in a dilemna on whether to convert all images to my monitor profie or keep it as sRGB

If you are still wondering about this, it shows you have not read any of the links provided. Here's a blatant hint: converting to your moniter profile is not the way.

Zerstorer said:
If you are still wondering about this, it shows you have not read any of the links provided. Here's a blatant hint: converting to your moniter profile is not the way.

:bsmilie: some people just never listen.

Zerstorer said:
as a matter of fact, i've read through both links provided

Status
Not open for further replies.