Need some opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nousername

Jan 11, 2009
I'm planning to get a camera for everyday use and traveling - among the other factors I've considered it has to be:

- Easy to carry/transport (I've suffered enough dragging my EOS450D around)
- Easy to use (because it's going to be a family thing, and mom needs to know how to use it)
- Has a stabilizer (for shaky, fumbling hands)

At the moment I'm not quite considering a DSLR, because they are really too painful to drag around half the world along with tons of luggage and increasing airline carry-on baggage restrictions.

Right now I'm kind of looking at a high-end compact camera small enough to fit into a carry-on bag and still good enough to take great pictures, and (in cases like family gatherings) easy enough even for Grandpa to use.

I know it's kind of a lot of requirements all at the same time, but I'm willing to pay as much as (if not more than) what it would take to buy an entry-level DSLR for a high-end compact.

So far I've kind of came up with the Leica D-Lux 4 and the Sigma DP1 as potential candidates. Can I get your opinions on which one do you think is better overall? :D

Any help/suggestions/pointers would be very much appreciated! :D

pana lx3 or dlux4 :thumbsup:

Canon's digital camera is good.. ^^

but for DSLR, i prefer NIKON... ^^

May I suggest the Canon Powershot G10. Besides the creative controls of a DSLR (P, Tv, Av, etc), you can probably pick it up faster if you have used the EOS450D before (e.g. similar menu organisation, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.