Need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.

happychai

Jun 3, 2005
may i know what is the problem cos the photo below?
camera ? lens? wrong setting?

2005.jpg

yes
just tell all the problem thank you

since u so in need of my advice...

go do a reshoot, seriously... these shots are not even worth posting... the problem lies with your understanding of the system... try using P mode & see if you can get anything... then redo with Aperture, den Manual...

Looks like a high ISO shot from a consumer cam where the cam has really misjudged the settings. Image looks like it's been through noise ninja or some other noise reduction software.

Problems(some are already listed) --> Underexposed, handshake, settings were not controlled and rectified on the spot. Not using flash can give you a more natural result, but that does not mean you leave the flash off permanently in all situations. If that was the case, photogs. wouldn't spend 600++ on an external flash. In this case, flash would definitely have worked better, giving you a higher shutter speed and hence a smaller likelihood of blurred photos. Your photos turned out this way because the cam was likely using evaluative metering and the bright BG threw the meter completely off. If your camera has a center evaluative or a spot meter use that and meter on the face if you don't want to use a flash to fill in the subjects. Your hands look terribly shaky; it might be worthwhile to spend some $ on either a model with image stabilisation or a monopod/tripod.
WB is also off, resulting in that greenish cast. Try using custom white balance when the preset WB settings do not work.

The photos look terrible to be perfectly honest, I wonder why you didn't delete them on the spot. PS will not save these, for certain.

thanks for advice....
well... actually i do use P mode to shot those photo cos im still a beginner of shooting.
im using SLR camera and not a DSLR thats y i cant delete the photo on the spot.
beside those fact cos the photo like this, will the hardware problem? or just is only my understading on my sysmtem and my skill only?
Thanks for advice again !

is this film by any chance kodak 800? try to avoid kodak max

Piece of advise, always note down your settings then you can learn what you have done wrong.

Stoned said:
is this film by any chance kodak 800? try to avoid kodak max

yes is Kodak Max
why avoid Kodak Max?

foxtwo said:
Piece of advise, always note down your settings then you can learn what you have done wrong.

thanks for telling....
em.. im using P mode which is Auto mode.... then what is the wrong setting?
:(

happychai said:
thanks for telling....
em.. im using P mode which is Auto mode.... then what is the wrong setting?
:(

Settings as in shutter spd & aperture. Even when set to P mode the slr still gives these 2 readouts. That's what you got to note down.

ok
thanks for advice...
beside all this anything need to take note?
basically all also base on experince 1 then only we learn?

happychai said:
yes is Kodak Max
why avoid Kodak Max?

Kodak consumer film is generally crap. If you want good colour neg buy fujifilm superia series instead.

happychai said:
ok
thanks for advice...
beside all this anything need to take note?
basically all also base on experince 1 then only we learn?

well, you don't learn till you've failed as the saying goes.

If your slr has an internal flash then pop it the next time you take shots in such poorly lit locations. You need more light than what the fluoros in changi airport give, anyway it is better to overexpose negs than underexpose. If not, consider purchasing a cheap flash unit compatible to your slr.

If all this is too much trouble then use a compact digicam instead. :dunno:

actually i do use the external flash.... but mayb is wrong setting
well i do have the solution for myself
which is change to DSLR, using DSLR can learn more and wont waste the money on develop the photo

well do consider carefully as dslr system is an expensive upfront cost where you pay before you shoot as opposed to film which you only pay after you shoot. How many rolls of film would one have to go through before reaching the cost of a dslr system? Heh... Nothing more to add, no wish to engage in dslr vs slr battle here.

cheers.

thanks for advice again...
but i already plan to get DSLR just dont know which 1 to get only

i have no idea why you didnt use your flash. you should have just metered of the surroundings with your TTL and find that the cams P mode is giving you waaay slow shutter speeds....

Douglas

from 1 look can tell is way way underexposed, but if you using P mode it shouldn't underexposed until like that.

Are you using expired film as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.