need some help here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-vor

Jul 25, 2006
hi
im totally new here and need some advice. my girlfriend is passing me her parent's Minolta SRT 100B and as i have read, it is really old and uses mercury batteries for i dunno what feature which i think is banned due to environmental reasons. soooo i need to know if theres any shop in singapore that i can like bring it there to check out its functionality or even buy lenses for it ?
i gotta admit im a camera-idiot here so if possible can someone like enlighten me on how to operate it cus theres like different different knobs on the camera:confused:

thanks a whole lot !
i-vor

Sorry, don't really know how to help you as I am not a minolta user. Perhaps others could help you on the shops. Does the camera come with lenses already or is it just the camera body? If there is lens already, then you probably don't need to buy lens to test it?

Why don't you ask your girlfriend's parents, who should have used the camera before on the functions. Presume its a SLR, then just get a roll of film and shoot. Develop the photos and you should be able to tell if the camera is ok.

Hope this helps.

thanks for your replies! well i did search it up on google before i posted but i still wasnt really sure.. anyway is there a shop around that i can bring it to to like clean it up inside? mmm...
is a light meter really important here? i mean i just want to take simple pictures. please enlighten me

thanks once again

i-vor

for cleaning and repairs

• The camera workshop
• Camera Hospital

I do not know if you can still get the batteries for the meter to work.
You can ask the shop.

Yes you need a light meter to get the correct exposure, alt you can buy a used handheld light meter that uses AA batteries as a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.