need some advise on photography shoot.

Gikens

Jun 22, 2011
I will be helping a friend to do some tattoo bodyart photoshoot for free. it my first time doing tis kind of shoot. I m not a pro. the place if the shoot will be at my friend house. I have some basic equipment for lighting (which I m not good at lighting) 2 flash, 2 light stand, 2 black umbrella and a small light box of coz camera n lenses. guess the lenses I will be bringing will be 17-50, 50 1.8G and 18-270. is the gear or equipment good enough and is there anything I need to take note or look out for? pls advise.. thank you.

gear is more than good enough, do you know how to use them?

anyway, just check out the portrait shooting and portrait lighting tutorials that you can find in youtube. there are so many of them that you will take awhile to finish them.
awhile means few weeks......

gear is more than good enough, do you know how to use them?

anyway, just check out the portrait shooting and portrait lighting tutorials that you can find in youtube. there are so many of them that you will take awhile to finish them.
awhile means few weeks......

tks for the reply. yes... I do know how it is use. I will check out the portait lighting tutorial. pls do let me know if there is other things I do need to take note.

you might wish also to try hard light to highlight the tattoo , separated from body

you might wish also to try hard light to highlight the tattoo , separated from body

hard light as in direct light frm flash without going through umbrella or softbox?

maybe low key and snoot or grid to highlight ? i am just a newbie . so for me i will frankly admit talking is very easy.

The first decision that needs to be made is the intended style of the shoot you'd like to achieve. Can browse online galleries for tattoos or body art to get some inspiration. Then you have to use the appropriate lighting to create that style.

The first decision that needs to be made is the intended style of the shoot you'd like to achieve. Can browse online galleries for tattoos or body art to get some inspiration. Then you have to use the appropriate lighting to create that style.

ya go the flickr strobist group type tattoo. lol

tks for the reply guys... I will check out the Flickr. yes.... I think I m more interested into low key shooting.