Need some advise on D200 W/B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake

May 23, 2004
EAST
Hi, jus need advise on.. y D200 on Auto W/B mode always having warm color tone wat ever i taking the pics on day time? Here are some example pics below.. all w/o editing.. isit something wrong with my camera :( . Thanx

DSC_0177_3.JPG

DSC_0191_3.JPG

Looks fine off my calibrated screen too.

Hm.... :think: maybe something wrong wif my eye liao... i think must go to calibrated my eye too :sweat: Thanks guys.

Cheesecake said:
looks fine to me.

i only use AUTO w.b when i flash though. Thom Hogan suggested it in... ;p

So mostly u using wat setting on the W/B as default? care to share ;p ? Thanks

Cheesecake said:
ur rmonitor la. take it easy.

But i can see the same slight warm tone color layer on the pics.. both on monitor n camera LCD leh.. isit the camera set as default wif warm tone on W/B?

Looks fine to me here, but if you think its too warm then just set it to Auto +1, +2, +3 or dial in the specific Kelvin to your taste.

Anyway thanks guys for the great advise ;) .. i think must practise more n get use to control manually liao.

I second that.:bsmilie:

Cheesecake said:
oh, 1 thing i can share with u with regards to D200 LCD, it is super inaccurate. :bsmilie:

use it as a quick reference only la. :thumbsup:

Cheesecake said:
oh, 1 thing i can share with u with regards to D200 LCD, it is super inaccurate. :bsmilie:

use it as a quick reference only la. :thumbsup:

Interestingly Nikon says LCD on D200 is calibrated. But it's definiltey too much gamma (always need -2) and too warm.

johnyu said:
Interestingly Nikon says LCD on D200 is calibrated. But it's definiltey too much gamma (always need -2) and too warm.
Calibrated to each D200 so as to ensure all LCDs are the same, not color/contrast calibrated.

the pictures do look a little warm on my screen as well. I think it's a matter of personal preference/tolerance. I doubt it's anything wrong with the camera.

yanyewkay said:
the pictures do look a little warm on my screen as well. I think it's a matter of personal preference/tolerance. I doubt it's anything wrong with the camera.
Time to calibrate your screen liao :bsmilie:

Well, besides using custom white balacing, you can actually adjust the colour temperatures stepping up or down, while pressing the WB button and dial the aperture dial ;) ... oh..its called the Sub-command dial :)

Status
Not open for further replies.