Need some advise :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultraman0042

May 23, 2004
wan to buy a tripod for A80 but dun know where can get reasonable n gd tripod.Anyone can advise and also what are the things to look out for when choosing a tripod ......

thanks in advance :)

ultraman0042 said:
wan to buy a tripod for A80 but dun know where can get reasonable n gd tripod.Anyone can advise and also what are the things to look out for when choosing a tripod ......

thanks in advance :)

ah... did u buy this A80 recently? i thot canon is giving away a tripod for every purchase this month?

anyway, do u wish to upgrade to a prosumer or DSLR in the future? if so, get a reasonably good tripod that can take the weight. if not, any $20-30 tripod will do. check out buy/sell or yahoo!auctions? these places have a lot of tripods for sale. from branded ones like manfrotto & gitzos (going like $100+++ for new ones) to the nameless... :D

yes i will upgrade to prosumer or DSLR but in the later part after i have play around with manual cam first

when i bought canon cam they give me a free tripod but that one there is a support at the bottom which will your restrict yr move .......

ultraman0042 said:
yes i will upgrade to prosumer or DSLR but in the later part after i have play around with manual cam first

when i bought canon cam they give me a free tripod but that one there is a support at the bottom which will your restrict yr move .......

oh... like dat ah. suggest then u go for a reasonably good ones from manfrotto or gitzo, which can take a couple of kilos in weight. tripods mainly comes in 2 flavours - carbon fiber (light weight) and other metals like aluminium. its a trade-off bet these 2. CF tripods are much easier to carry ard, but u pay a premimum for the lesser weight. the others are much heavier but cheaper, compared to the CF tripods. suggest u go to CP and test out the tripods. CP has a good selection. bring along ur A80, and if u can, borrow a prosumer/DSLR to test so that u can find one that can support the weight.

oh yeah, make sure the tripod is stable too, once set up. some tripods are so light weight they are in danger of toppling over once the wind blows or when u use a cam with a long lens. so, must must test first b4 buying.

ok thanks for all the advice ... will keep a look out when i go n buy the tripod :)

btw chk with u canon cam have their own lens but i go round those cam shop they also have those compatable one n they claim that it can be use also ..... it is true ??

ya 3rd party lenses heard got problem mention in a topic abt buying lenses by latmo

Status
Not open for further replies.